Chapter 17: Grace

"Wake up!" I heard someone yell, then somebody pulled my covers off.

"No! Why?" I said grasping for the covers, ready to go back to sleep.

"You really need to set your clock for 7 in the morning for the next couple of days." Taylor slid in bed beside me handing me a cup of coffee. "You need to learn before Saturday. Hell before tomorrow, we have a partner for you." She said eating what looked to be a biscuit.

"What do you mean partner?" I asked sitting up getting a sip of coffee handing it back to her, seeing a plate in front of her of breakfast food.

"Yeah, you are doing a duet, with a guy, Jordan knew a couple of dancers for this routine. His name is Alexander, and he is gay, so please don't get your panties in a twist. He has been at Vivid before for a routine he is really professional and friendly." She said then drinking the coffee. She got up and put the coffee on my night stand.

"Okay I guess." I said, still unsure, I didn't know it was a duet, I didn't even know a guy was going to be in it either, this was as far as I got with the details.

"Get dressed, clothes on the trunk!" she yelled over her shoulder walking out of my room. I put the plate of food on the night stand and crawled to the foot of my bed. Sure, enough there was clothes on the trunk that sat on front of it.

I walked into the living room, about 15 minutes later, I was wearing a black tank top and booty shorts, hair tied up as usual. I carried my plate to the island and sat down on the stool to finish the breakfast. Taylor was at the counter she fixed her a plate and sat down beside me, wearing her usual hoodie, leggings and long braid.

"Is it good?" she asked her mouth full.

"Is it ever not good?" I asked her munching on my food.

"Guess not." She looked at me grinning. We finished eating about 5 minutes later. "Are you ready to go?" Taylor asked grabbing our plates and carrying them to the sink.

"Yeah," I said grabbing my phone, and walking behind her when she came around the island, out the front door.

We got to the club about 15 minutes later, I didn't see Mateo's car in the parking lot. I walked behind Taylor, we walked in to see Jordan on the pole practicing. Her arms were wrapped around the pole, she was walking on air around the pole. Her blond hair was pulled up into a bun.

"Hey girls!" Jordan greeted us, landing on the stage, she jumped off and came to me. "How did you manage to pull the both of them?" she grabbed my hand, dragging me to the stage.

"Just like I told Taylor, I don't know, they just were there." I said feeling flush, I hope I wasn't getting judge by the other dancers.

"Oh, honey nothing to be embarrassed about the patted me on the back," she finished with a clap turning to face me, "Shall we?"

"I guess so." I said walking to the pole passed Jordan. I stopped when I reached one over from the one, she was on. "What first?"

After a long time, doing small moves, learning to pull myself up and down the pole easily, I finally done enough in their opinion to have a break. I got my phone off the table in front of the stage, checking the time. It was an hour after we got here, I sat down in the chair grabbing one of the waters Jordan put here for us.

"You think you ready to meet him?" Taylor asked sitting down in the chair opposite me.

"Who?" I said opening my emails.

"The guy you are going to dance with Saturday? He's here. He used the back door." Taylor said, I felt the color leave my face.

Jordan walked out from backstage with a guy he looked attractive, you could tell he was gay. Taylor grabbed my arm, I walked beside her ready to meet him.

"Ah, here she is, this is Grace. Grace this is Alexander." Jordan said waving her hands between us.

"Nice to meet you, Grace. Please call me Alex." Alex held his out to shake mine. I reached out and shook his hand. He had long brown hair pulled up into a bun, and gorgeous brown eyes.

"Nice to meet you to." I said, he let go of my hand.

"I would like to hang out with you for a while, get to know you a bit before we get started. Is that, ok?" he asked me. I immediately agreed, he took me backstage to the couch.

"I assume you know about me a bit?" I asked him, I was curious as to what Jordan told him.

"Yeah, I know about you and your guys," he said nudging me with his elbow, winking at me when I looked at him.

"Oh no, you must think weird things about me." I said rubbing my face.

"Oh no, sweetheart, exactly the opposite, actually, how did you do that? I would appreciate the tips." I looked at him and saw him making eyebrows dance for me. I laughed and elbowed him.

"I keep telling them I don't know!" I said laughing, he started laughing with me.

After about 30 minutes, I basically felt like I had a new best friend, we were very similar. I felt like I've known him for years, I felt like we would pull this off just fine. I feel like I haven't stopped laughing, we had talked about everything to guys, to why we're dancing, what inspired up to dance, and embarrassing moments we had in school.

"Ready to go dance?" he said patting his legs, getting up.

"As I'll ever be." I said walking out behind him. This was going to be fun.