Chapter 30: Mateo

"Jesus!" Nate sat down on the couch, hissing. He punched his palm with his fist.

"Calm down. We can't do anything now." I said to him sitting beside him.

"I wish to hell I could." Nate said to me looking at me fire in his eyes.

"We are really done for, aren't we?" I said to him smirking a bit.

"Damn right. I can't stop thinking about her, I can barely keep my hands off her." He said fidgeting his hands.

"Yeah, me neither." I said resting my head on the back of the couch. I started to zone out thinking, why didn't she tell us at dinner? Why didn't she at least address to us that the ex was abusive? Is she ok? Is he looking for her?

"Mateo!" I jerked seeing Nate snap his fingers in front of my face, snapping me out of the zone. He arched his brows. "I'm assuming we are thinking the same?"

"I would say so." I nodded at him. "We could have her come back here for tonight or maybe tomorrow night?" I asked arching a brow at him.

"Yeah, tonight if she can, I don't think I want to wait a long time, she opened up we got to keep her on the roll." He said standing up.

"I can text her." I got my phone out of my shorts and unlocked it and opened my contacts. It was currently 7:35.

"Bro, how did you get it? I don't have it." He said looking at me shocked.

"I got her phone while she was asleep, and used her thumb to open it." I mumbled looking down at my phone to type the text.

"That's not creepy at all." He said shaking his head at me.

"Don't judge I got it, I didn't think she would care and I didn't want to wake her." I said sending the text:

"I know you just left but we would like to talk, can you come back say around 5 or whenever you get time is fine? By the way this is Mateo"

"Sent?" Nate asked me.

"Yep." I answered my phone chimed, "Oh and answered." I said seeing her text:

"Sure, I'm sure you got questions. Are we staying in?" she answered. Nate sat back down.

"I would rather talk about this here." I answered.

"Sure! See you!" she answered. Nate was watching the conversation beside me, leaning over my shoulder.

"Wow, not even a, "this is creepy you have my number I did not give you text" amazing." Nate said sarcastically, getting up walking out of the living room.

"Yeah, yeah." I sighed to his retreating back.

The morning went slowly by, I was mostly consumed with thoughts about our conversation this morning. I haven't seen Nate since this morning in the living room, he probably went back to bed. He is not normally a morning person, but if a girl is over, he makes an effort to wake up early. He normally wakes up about 12:30 or 1 o'clock.

"Hey." Nate grumbled sleepily, walking into the kitchen. I was currently eating my lunch, a grilled chicken salad.

"Hey." I looked at the clock it was 1. He flipped on the coffee pot. "You better be glad we own a very popular club. I have other investments but you, you don't have anything else." I said sarcastically. I liked making fun of him.

"Don't judge me before coffee." He rubbed a hand over his face and pointed the pot. I chuckled.

We were very lucky enough to have our very own club, I had invested into some very popular restaurants and another club. Most of our meetings are held over computer, I had invested in two restaurants and a club. I was not the majority shareholder, I own about 10% of each club, I just wanted to work a little on the side. Everything is basically done online.

"Just saying." I chuckled out. He held a finger up at me sipping from his mug.

"I don't need anything else our club is doing fine. I'm saving." He said after a sip.

"Ok, just saying I like a net." I declared holding my hands up.

"What are we going to do tonight? Since Grace is coming over." He asked putting his mug turning around and getting some cookies out of the cupboard.

"Delivery and a movie?" I suggested. Might as well be laid back tonight, we did just invite her over to talk.

"Yeah, sure. Movie room?" he asked. I knew what he was asking.

"No I haven't had any late nights in there lately, you?" I asked tilting my head. He takes girls in there from time to time.

"No, I cleaned after the last one." He said chomping down on a cookie.

"That's going to kill you." I pointed at the cookie.

"Fine by me." He smiled at me.