Chapter 75: Nate

"I wish I could stop this." I heard Taylor mumbling to herself.

I was fidgeting, pacing I had more than likely wore out my shoes with as much as I have been walking. I can't stop thinking about her and what I could have done to prevent would it have made a difference if I'd been there. Hell, I wished I had been there everyone we've talked to didn't see Nick there. They only let three people back here at the same time, Jordan was outside.

It had been about two hours and she still hasn't woke up, I wanted to go find Nick and kill him. He has been the only one that is a wildcard. I heard the door open and I stopped walking, Jason had just walked in.

"Every water bottle in that cooler had the same mixture in it. It would have happened to everybody if they all took one." Jason told us.

"So, it was just a coincidence no one else took a drink?" I asked.

"Yes, I would say so, someone was obviously wanting your attention. This was how they chose to get it." He said pointing to Grace.

"Would it make a difference if they only brought it out after practice?" Taylor asked standing up.

"Yes, it would. What happened exactly?" Jason asked, he opened the door and waved to someone. A man in police uniform walked in with a writing pad.

"Jordan only brought it out after practice, I'm not sure why. She was telling us goodbye when she opened it, Grace grabbed one and walked out." Taylor explained.

"Jordan told us she couldn't find it but she never specified when she brought it out. Are you sure it happened that way?" The man asked her.

"Yes! That's exactly how it happened; Jason waited for us out front on the way out." She said pointing to Jason.

"That is true. I saw her carrying one." He nodded.

"Are you saying Jordan could be in on this?"

"No! She would never I've known her to long she would never hurt me or Grace."

"Alright thank you." He said and quietly walked out. She was right and she wasn't employed when Nick owned the club with us, she only knows rumors about him.

"Jordan said she went home and had a little too much to drink with her husband and she looked hungover according to the officer that picked up the cooler, she may not remember." Jason explained. I believed him she was a partier.

"Taylor..." I froze that was her, her voice. We all turned around she had her eyes open but she didn't move.

"Hey babe." She said sitting carefully beside her.

"Why can't I move?" She asked, she looked to both me and Mateo, I realized her mouth was barely moving.

"Hi, Grace I am one of you doctors here, you were drugged. It may be a while before you can move, but I promise you we expect you to fully recover." He spoke.

"Okay." Grace trailed off.

"Let me know if I can do anything else." He said walking out of the room.

"What happened?" She said she was scared; I could see it in her eyes.

"Nothing happened we came home from the club, and we went to sleep but you wouldn't wake up. Jason brought us here." Taylor explained.

"I'll give you time." Jason said excusing himself.

"I'm ok. I'm ok." She recited over and over, Taylor got up walking to stand in between me and Nate.

"She did that a lot in the hospital." She whispered and she walked past us. "I need some air. I'll be right back Grace." She said leaving the room.

"Grace, baby." Mateo said sitting beside her. She opened her eyes looking at him, still mouthing. He grabbed her hand holding it.

"You're ok." I said sitting on her other side, grabbing her other hand. I felt her hand twitch her grip tightened slightly.

"Don't leave." she whispered and looked to the both of us.

"I wouldn't dream of it." Mateo told her. She tightened her grip a little bit more and I was glad that the paralytic was starting to wear off, she closed her eyes.

"I have a headache." She whispered to no one in particular. I hit the call button beside her hand, and a nurse walked in.

"She says her head is hurting." I whispered to the woman, she nodded her head and walked out coming back with a syringe.

"That's quite normal, this is a pain reliever, this one is safe because it won't put her back to sleep. Feel better, Grace." She finished putting a hand on Grace's shoulder briefly.

"Thank you." She whispered.

After a bit Taylor came back but she in the chair by the door, I think all this is getting to her. Grace began to be able to move her arm more, and the nurse came back with her clothes, and said she would have to be kept overnight and that we were more than welcome to stay. Taylor tried telling Grace she didn't have to dance this weekend which Grace responded saying that she wasn't letting this stop her from living. I don't blame her for not wanting this to stop her, she shouldn't spend her time hiding but she needs to consider the dangers. Maybe I was wrong maybe she is considering the dangers and if I was in her position, I wouldn't care about the dangers either.