Chapter 4: Grace

I can't believe I just did that. I don't work out a lot and it was surprisingly fairly easily to hold myself up on the pole considering I don't look very strong. I was very surprised when I heard Nate say I can do it, I didn't think anybody was in here but us girls. Jordan said after I got down and walked to her that she would help Taylor teach me which I'm grateful for. I would love to dance, I used to dance with a dance group in our school. My parents passed away then I quit, but before I was very good at hip hop, I loved dancing, it was the only time I could let all my worries drift away and get lost in the music.

"Come on, we got to get ready you can sit backstage in the sitting room." Taylor said and grabbed my arm. They were discussing what I needed to learn first while I got lost in my thoughts. We stopped walking after we got behind a curtain. I looked up at her confused why she stopped. "You ok? Did you like it?" Taylor looked at me with an eyebrow raised big grin on her face. Well, she has been waiting for this day forever I sure hope she's excited.

"Yeah, I'm ok, that was fun. I can't wait to start learning." I grinned back. We started walking towards a couch, another couch across from it, also there were metal chairs stacked up against a wall on the other side of the room. Red curtains lined up the side of the room, looked to be 6 dressing rooms, a set of curtains covering each entrance. I sat down on the black leather couch.

"Great, I'm glad. I'm going to go get changed. Be right back, got to get ready for our first performance." Taylor waved and started to one of the rooms. Taylor told me a while ago that they don't start till they have a good amount of people in the club. She also said that they like to have an icebreaking performance first to get the night going. Still sitting on the couch, I started thinking about what I was getting myself into. Am I doing the right thing? Do I belong here? Taylor sure thinks so, Jordan too, I guess I need to wait until I start practicing with them before I start thinking about backing out. The other girls seemed excited as well, before they decided to come back here to get ready. I jerked looking up startled from movement at the doorway.

"Sorry didn't mean to startle you." Mateo was standing in the doorway staring at me. He pulled out his phone and completely ignored me.

"You're fine." I said quickly diverting my gaze back to my hands to start fidgeting. I saw him in the corners of my sight, still scrolling on his phone. What's this guy's deal? I thought Taylor said he was hands off, you don't normally see him unless something is wrong.

"Are you sure you want to do this?" he asked suddenly his line of sight still zeroed in on his phone. I have to say whatever is going on is making him made he is looking at the damn thing like he is ready to throw it across the room.

"What do you mean?" I asked clearing my throat, whatever it was about this guy makes me nervous. I shifted the way I was sitting to where I had my legs crossed and was looking away slightly more.

"Are you sure you want to work for me? I mean stoop so low as to strip for money- OW!" startled I looked over at him and he looked behind him. "Fuck you." He said very angrily. Nate stepped up beside him, looking very offended like I am. I don't look at stripping as shameful, I look at it as freeing. I like getting lost in the music. Did he really think of me that way?

"Ignore the bastard. He doesn't know what he is talking about." Nate said stepping towards me. "I don't know what you think of us right now but I can assure I don't frown upon our girls. I think it's amazing for a woman to own what she has in her own ways, even if it is stripping. I'm sure it helps women feel less insecure of their bodies once they see our customers reaction to their dancing. He normally feels the same way. Please don't let what this dumbass says get to you." Normally? Nate finished turning around to look at Mateo, who had a sour look on his face. "May I?" He then said pointing to the cushion beside me.

I nodded I didn't see why not. He sat down beside me and leaned back against the back of the couch, and slowly put his arm around my back and leaned down I guessed to whisper into my ear. I shifted slightly. "Don't worry not going to do anything just listen. Ok? Don't let him chase you away, he is interested in you, so he might become a challenge, do not back down okay, Angel?" he said grabbing my ponytail slightly. I looked over at Mateo who looked like he was ready to kill him. "Understand?" Nate said pulling my ponytail to make me look up into his eyes, he was now almost leaning over me. His dark blond hair slightly hovering over his eyes. I had to bite the inside of my cheek to keep from groaning. I'm pretty sure I'm blushing right now. God he was so gorgeous.

"Yeah, ok." I said looking at him nervously. He has the most capturing green eyes. One of the curtains moved, Nate moved away quickly now standing in front me.

"Oh, hey Nate! We are almost ready to get the night started." Chelsea came out from the dressing room, dressing in a construction worker type outfit, looking over at me curiously. "Everything ok here?" she asked looking me and then Nate over. I'm pretty sure I haven't stopped blushing but I nodded. Nate answered.

"Yeah, everything is ok. Just was having a chat about your schedules and how things work," he held up his hands. "You didn't think I was doing anything did ya?" he grinned still holding his hands up walking backwards toward the door. I just now noticed Mateo was no longer standing there. Weird. Maybe he left shortly after I answered Nate, who knows.

"No, of course not you're one of the good guys." Chelsea said grinning. "I was just checking on Grace there was all." Chelsea said pointing at me.

"Okay then," Nate said walking out of the room. What just happened?

* I'll try to update as often as I can mostly one part a day. Hope you all enjoy the book!