Chapter 51: Nate

"Okay, I should've done that." I spoke when we got to the top of stairs grinning. We kept walking until we got to the balcony over-looking the stage.

"Why didn't you?" Mateo asked me.

"Her first day? I don't know. I didn't want to make her anxious." I stated simply.

"Grace said the other night on the phone to not worry about her we made a deal as well. We need to trust that she will let us know." Mateo reasoned.

"You're right." I agreed. We had just reached the chairs we normally sit in that are closest to the stage for us to see the girls when we saw our choreographer sitting there as well.

"Hey Christi." I greeted her, she stood up from the third chair turning to us. Christi had her usual blonde hair she sometimes dyed red, red blouse with her usual gold chain necklace with a purple butterfly and black leggings. She had age lines on her face, green eyes, like ours, and her daughter's initials, W.C., tattooed on right lower arm with a rose beside it.

"Hey, how are you two?" She turned to us big smile on her face. We both like Christi, she helped us when we went through everything with Nick and she has helped us ever since. She has choreographed our girls' dances and before that was an attorney hence why she helped us with Nick.

"Very well."

"Good." We both answered. "How are you?" Mateo asked.

"Same old, same old." She answered before turning abruptly I followed her line of sight to see Nick. "You two need help with that?" She asked.

"We might later, but right now we have it under control." I answered honestly.

Christi knew me and Mateo from our time working in offices dealing with handling money for attorneys. We worked in several accounting office's growing up we both worked for Christi for so long she followed us here. She is in her early fifties and had experience in dance and when we opened our club she was about to retire and asked if she could help us and of course we said yes.

"Yeah, well you better let me know." She said sternly looking to both me and Mateo. "Now, Jordan said you two have a new girl she was teaching I am here to watch her dance. You two treating her right?" She then asked big smile on her face.

"Of course, she told you." Mateo grumbled outspending up his arms to hug Christi. She was about as short as Grace and medium build, we always teased her about her height and she says we make her feel old.

"Aww, come on. You know I have my sources." She said hugging him looking over his shoulder smiling at me. She leaned back out of the hug arching a questioning brow at him. "You really thought I wouldn't find out?" She asked.

"Yeah, you should've known." I teased trying to get to Christi to give her a hug. She quickly returned the hug, she started laughing in my ear lightly.

"Yeah, he should've." She said turning slightly to smile at him. We all turned around to sit in the three sits behind us putting Christi between us. "Are you going to answer me, or what?" She asked teasingly, nudging Mateo with her elbow.

"Yes, we have been great." He said smiling.

"Well, I can't wait to see her dance." She said turning back to the front when the beginning music of the night started.

"Me either." I agreed.

Usually when the night starts all the girls will come out to do the first several dances, but since Grace is the new girl, she won't be coming on until her routine. I cannot wait to see her dance, and who her partner is. I bet she is going to have real fun today, Taylor said she was trying to push through school but maybe if she likes tonight a lot maybe she will take a break. Taylor said she has been pushing herself to do school, maybe she should take some time to try to really find out if she wants to go through with school before pushing herself.

"What are you over there fangirling about?" Christi asked me chuckling.

"Her, of course." I answered with no shame.

"Then I definitely can't wait to meet her." She stated. "Especially if she already has you that whipped." She finished, completely serious. That was the thing about Christi sometimes you can never tell if she is playing or if she is completely serious.

"Yeah well, he isn't the only one." Mateo chimed in.