Chapter 115: Grace

I took some deep breaths preparing me for what I'm about to say. I can't close my eyes; I see him every time.

"I went to the bathroom; I didn't need to go. I wanted to find him." I said and their jaws dropped but they didn't say anything. "I walked out after hearing a clutter sound as I was in there, I checked the dressings room in case one of the girls needed help before I heard a flutter sound like curtains. He called my name and I turned around he was standing behind me. He started walking towards me and pinned me against the wall." I gasped.

"He took out his dick and started rubbing himself he pulled down my pants, pinned my hands above my head. I felt his fingers in me, I kicked him, he fell, but I fell with him. I felt him there." I trailed off pointing to my thighs. "I saw a letter opener by my head, I grabbed it and every thing goes red." I finished. I looked down at my hands.

"Baby, I'm sorry." Mateo rasped, he held out his hand and I took it. I put it on my stomach and he closed his eyes taking a deep breath. "You don't have to." He said and I shook my head.

"I feel better seeing you when you touch me." I said and he nodded understanding me. The door clicked open and a female doctor walked in.

"Hi, Grace. Call me Samantha, I'm your gynecologist while you're here. My name is Dr. Perez but I don't prefer it, so please don't call me that." She spoke walking into the room. Taylor was standing behind her with a worried look on her face. "Grace, your friend expressed some concerns about your pregnancy said that have had some cramping and spotting, yes?" She asked, I nodded.

"Yes." I answered she walked into the room and stood next to me, she was a redhead and had glasses she pulled them off and put them in her coat.

"It could be your body making room for your baby, but are the cramps violent?" She asked and I nodded again.

"Can be." I said simply, she nodded again.

"From what Taylor has been telling me I'm guessing you are about two weeks pregnant maybe a week and a half, I would like to do an ultrasound is that ok?" She asked but there was concern in her eyes, her hand was laying on my bed and I took it.

"Taylor is looking at me like I got ran over by a car and you are being vague, tell me what's wrong." I said and she sighed, she sat on the stool and an intern appeared in the door, she waved them in and they turned bring in an ultrasound.

"I think you may have ectopic pregnancy. Don't be alarmed I still have some more questions." She said and I nodded, I don't want to panic the last thing I need right now is to panic. "How high is your pain tolerance?" She asked and I shook my head.

"Very high." I said and she nodded.

"Stomach problems?" She asked and I nodded.

"During my cycles my cramps are always violent, the doctor back home before I moved here could never figure out why." I said and she sighed. She reached for my blanket and I nodded.

"Would you like anybody to leave the room?" She whispered and I shook my head. "I am very sorry but I will have to pull up your gown." She said and I became a little nervous but I nodded.

She pulled up the gown and covered my legs back up with the blanket before I could say anything. She folded up the gown neatly until I could see my stomach and she held up the probe and I nodded she put some gel on my stomach. She started looking at the ultrasound and Taylor lingered in the doorway, with a worried look on her face but I turned back to the doctor and I saw a hint of panic flow through before she masked it quickly.

"What is ectopic pregnancy?" I asked she wiped off the probe and handed me a napkin letting me wipe of the gel.

"Ectopic pregnancy is really just a fancy word for extrauterine pregnancy. It's when a fertilized egg grows outside a woman's uterus." She said and I nodded. "It can be fatal if not treated and that is what you have." She said and I looked up at her.

"Will I still be able to carry this baby?" I asked and she nodded.

"We can do a surgery laparoscopically to fix it, you and the baby are in no danger right now. It can take you back, fix you up and you can carry this baby, and yes, you can have more." She smiled and I don't know why but relief fled through me. "Have been feeling nauseous at all?" She asked and I shook my head.

"Not at all." I said and she nodded. "How many people have you treated with this?" I asked and she smiled.

"I am also a fetal surgeon I see this quite a lot." She said and I felt better. "Don't get me wrong it is rare, but it can happen." She said and I nodded again. "We have time I can take you back now or I can come back later." She said and Taylor stepped forward.

"No surgeries at all today?" She asked, Samantha chuckled.

"No, actually I was pulled onto this case because a friend asked. I used to work here, I was thinking about coming back before he called, the hospital gave me privileges." She said and Taylor nodded.

"Who's your friend?" I asked and she chuckled.

"I went to medical school with Christi." She said and Christi appeared in the doorway.

"Yeah, but I never had the balls to follow through, hey Samantha." She walked to Samantha who hugged her.

"When she heard you were pregnant from Taylor, she called me told me you had just been hurt and told me to get my ass here. Luckily, I was already here." She looked back at Christi who just smiled, turned and walked out. "I went to school here and moved to Los Angeles I used to be an intern here." She said and I nodded.

"Grace, do you want to go back now?" The intern asked she walked up to me and I looked at Nate and Mateo. They both nodded.

"Sure." I said and the intern nodded, and clicked the brake and started wheeling me out. "Wait." I said when they moved me a little and the intern stopped. "I have a concussion is that?" Samantha shook her head.

"No, we can monitor you during the surgery, the doctor was just about to discharge you anyway before I talked to Taylor." I nodded and we started moving again I closed my eyes and zoned out until I finally gave into the darkness. I thought about my baby, whether it would be a boy or girl, I shoved thoughts of Nick out and focused on my baby.