Chapter 67: Mateo

I made some breakfast for us all since Grace and Taylor made our supper. I had switched off the eye on the stove when there was a knock at the door.

"Taylor, did you call anyone over?" Grace turned asking Taylor standing beside me.

"Nope, no one." Taylor said she walked by us stopping at the island.

"I called someone." I confessed, I walked over to the door I opened it.

"Hey, Mateo." Jason stepped forward holding a hand out as always, I shook his hand and I stepped back letting him in.

"Wait, a second who is this?" Taylor asked stepping towards him, she looked kind of mad. I shut the door, and just stood there.

"He is who I just got through telling you about." Nate said walking out of the hall from their rooms. I told Nate after I got off of the phone to tell Taylor because she would probably be on edge, since the call.

"Oh yeah. Hi, my names Taylor." She said putting on a kind smile.

"Well, it's nice to meet you but I have no clue who you are." Grace said stepping up beside Taylor.

"My name is Jason I used to work for the police department." Jason said holding his hand out to her, she hesitantly shook it, looking utterly confused.

"I called him because of Nick he is one of the first bouncers I hired for the club. Someone needs to know what is going on and you need to stay with someone when you are at the club." I explained.

"Is that why I'm here?" Jason turned around asking me.

"Yes, hopefully." I answered.

"I heard that you had a past I didn't know how extensive though." Jason said turning around pointing to the kitchen. The girls both nodded at him and he walked forward sitting on a stool. After we got through explaining our past and Taylor vaguely told him about Grace's past, he agreed someone needed to watch after her. Grace wasn't sure if she was being too much trouble or if it was even needed but Jason assured her it was no problem.

"Can you tell me something?" Taylor asked looking to Jason. We all moved into the living room Nate sat on the arm of the couch, putting Jason in their recliner, the rest of us were on the couch.

"Of course." He answered.

"How do you go from police to stripper police?" Taylor asked.

"My wife, she wanted me to have a safe job and Mateo here met me in a bar shortly after he opened the place." He answered smiling. He was never ashamed to work in my club, he assured me he only wanted to keep his wife happy, and he thought having the job we be better to think about since his wife was pregnant at the time.

"You'll keep her safe? Because if she is not safe it isn't happening." Taylor urged.

"Yes, in fact, Grace if you don't mind, I would like to care of this personally. If something does happen, I know the right people, I can keep you safe if you're comfortable with that?" He asked.

"As long as nothing happens, I'm fine. I would like you to as well, you are the first bouncer at the club I've met." She answered. I liked that she was willing to take the help, I knew if she didn't this was going to be very hard to keep her away from Nick.

"Alright, then. I'll be posted outside your dressing room, I'll follow you to the door way of the stage, I'll bring you home, no matter if you are with the guys or with Taylor you understand?" He explained. She immediately nodded. "I need to no everywhere you go, during the weekends since he doesn't have any personal information, I'm not really concerned about it during the week yet." he finished explaining and I agreed.

After staying a while, we fed him a little breakfast, and we talked a while and the girls got to see pictures of his kids. They all exchanged numbers and I thanked him and he said he would call us Thursday to see when she would be showing up, or if she would, if not, he would be coming her or my apartment.