Chapter 49: Nate

Me and Mateo made a deal that we would stay in our office until opening but we couldn't help ourselves we have been shuffling between the entrance the balcony from our offices and the top of the stairs to the dressing room. We have been following her voice and her laugh ever since two o'clock when she got here. I just want to see her, I want to see how happy she is, I want to see her dance already. We were standing by a wall listening to music, pretty sure it was her dance because we both didn't know the song.

"I think I just watched your girlfriend dance." This menacing voice spoke from around the corner. When I recognized the voice, which Mateo and I both must've realized at the same time because we both straightened up at the exact same time.

Before I could blink, Mateo was moving and he had Nick by the neck pinning him to the wall, we were standing by, beside us was the doorway to the balcony.

"You talk about her you're dead! You hear me?" Mateo thundered holding Nick to the wall by the throat. I was mad, pissed we had no idea he was watching her or even knew who she was ours.

"Oh, come on! Maybe I'll take a piece of her." He said menacing looking to both me and Mateo before making a show of licking his lips. I hit the wall with my fist making a loud boom sound.

"You do that you're dead! You maybe hear to torture us but you are not getting a damn thing!" I yelled at him the echoes of our conversation going through the building. "If you say another thing about her, you're dead!" I finished warning him.

"Ok, this was fun." He grinned looking to me and Mateo. We were both pissed.

"What the fuck is going on?!" We both turned around to see Taylor standing behind us.

"Oh, I was just talking about that hot piece of ass that was just dancing." Nick said looking to her finishing his statement with a chuckle.

"Oh, no, hell no." Taylor said walking to Nick shoving us to the side to stand directly in front of him. "The last person that danced was my best friend, you ass." She stated grabbing his throat and actually lifting him up off the ground. My jaw dropped in shock, me and Mateo both looked to one another completely shocked.

"Bitch, let me go!" Nick grunted out, not bothering fighting her.

"Really?" Taylor looked behind her to the both of us just standing there watching this situation unfold. "Why should I?" She looked back to him asking.

"Because I used to own this club which means at one point, I owned your ass." Nick looked down to her doing his best to smile, face turning red his breaths becoming shallower.

"Try again," Taylor started, "I wasn't here when you were but boy have you made quit the impression." She stated chuckling.

"Taylor, you might want to let him down now." Mateo stated. She turned to us smiling before turning back to him.

"You going to stop the back talk? Quit talking about girls?" Taylor asked.

"Yes!" He said before lightly tapping her hand signaling to let go of his neck.

"Are you sure? Because I don't mind finishing this." Taylor said in a teasing tone.

"Yes." He stated grunting his eyes starting to close.

"Okay then." Taylor dropped him his body landing on the floor with a thud. She then turned to us.

"Let me know if you need me again." She stated teasingly making us both roll our eyes at her. Ironically, we were both smiling. She turned around to face Nick again, kicking him in the balls with her heel, making both me and Mateo laugh.

"Ugh!" Nick grunted out grabbing his package in his hands. He is not bothering to talk to any of us now.

"You know you can come say hello, you know?" Taylor turned around facing us her hands on her hips.

"We didn't want to make her more nervous than she actually is." Mateo said to her.

We both made the decision for her to just be in her own lane and learn her way here, we didn't want her to think we were treating her differently than the others. She is already afraid of what they think already but we are pretty sure they all know we would treat her differently than them based off common since, we just didn't want her to be anxious about what they think.

"Okay, understood. But maybe that maybe what she needs to ease her nerves. You are not going to know if you don't try to talk to her here." Taylor said waving her hand to the staircase to the right of us. I heard grunting to look back in front of us to see Nick struggling to get up.

"Relax, I'm leaving. Better leave you alone." He said turning to Taylor, who was smiling back at him.

"You better." Taylor said to Nick before turning back to us. "You going to go see her or what?" She asked both of us. We both looked to each other nodding, before turning to answer Taylor.

"Of course," We both stated simply, turning to follow her down the staircase. I had a feeling neither of us were going to ask about what just happened until we were out of this club.