Chapter 40: Grace

It really made me feel better about our performance when Nate made me that promise. After we get the rest of the routine today, I am pretty sure they will want to kill Alex. Jordan gave us a few moves yesterday where it would have to look like we are getting REALLY comfy together. Of course, Alex was used to it and made jokes along the way that made me relax and feel better doing that with him.

The entire time we were dancing and learning our routine Taylor teased me about what Nate and Mateo would think. Jordan actually joined in on the fun after a while as well talking about how jealous they would be over a gay man. I think on one hand it's going to be hilarious and on the other they are going to be pissed which will in turn make me feel sad or guilty.

"Hey, you understand me, right? I don't make promises lightly and I promise to fulfill that promise to you, okay?" Nate interrupted my thoughts saying while still holding my hands. I started nodding at him feeling very happy that he wants me to understand and feel that he won' break him promise.

"That makes me feel tons better." I said looking forward he leaned forward so my forehead met his forehead.

"I'm glad I could make you feel better. Never feel like you have to be scared or guilty because of what we think or how we act. We are the most territorial best friends you will ever meet. I am glad that we have been able to do this, this far without making each other mad. It's like something about you makes us only think about you." Nate said almost whispering to me, his forehead still sitting on mine.

"Is that a good thing?" I asked silently, the water from the shower head running down my back. He started leaning back away from me and reached behind my head and started running his fingers through my hair.

"Of course, it is. Being with you has been the best feeling I've felt in the world. I feel like I could be with you forever, like it could just be you, me and Mateo forever if you wanted. I would give you whatever I could and more if it made you happy." He said finished reaching behind me, I looked back slightly to see him grabbing the shampoo behind me on the rack.

"Those are quite big feelings for just meeting me not even a week ago." I chuckled out, as he started putting shampoo into my hair.

"Well, I'm not going to stop being honest to you now." Nate finished with a chuckle that had me smiling.

"Ok, well don't stop then." I replied smiling at him and he leaned in and stole another quick peck of the lips.

"I won't. I promise you that I won't." He replied after pulling away from me.

After that we just stayed quiet and just quietly finished our shower. I was enjoying the peace and solace around us. I was really excited for Jordan to tell us the rest of what our routine is today. I really like the rehearsals it's the only time beside with Nate and Mateo that I have felt myself after Blake.

When I worked for the Johnsons at home, I felt like myself and I felt like I could get into a groove working on their farms feeding the animals and picking corn to take to their small store on the corner. When I worked for them, I feel like I could be there forever I was at peace and it was blissful, but after I got with Blake it felt like a ticking clock. I felt like if I left, I would be going to prison or going to be executed so I was always afraid of reaching the end of my shift there. They could only afford me and 1 other worker so I could go in whenever I wanted but Blake would tell me every day if I didn't come home, he would beat me. I would work 4 days a week while the other girl worked the other 3 days.

"What are you thinking about over there?" Nate interrupted my thoughts asking me looking over at me from the other shower head beside me.

"I am just picturing that this is one of the only times I feel peace since him." I said silently. "I actually feel excited about something and feel at peace being here with you two." I finished looking over at him in the eyes.

"Well, get used to it, and I'm glad. That's all I would ever want for you is to feel happy and at peace." Nate said to me. "Him too." He nodded towards the bathroom door and I turned back around to face the front to see Mateo standing there with a cup of coffee.