Chapter 77: Nate

After Grace ate her soup from Hayley, Jordan swung by and deeply apologized and said she was coming out of a hangover and she really didn't remember. The police even had her send them picture from the party which she immediately did, and Grace told her not to worry about it and told her if it was Nick, he would've found ways around it anyway. I'm sure she was right, ever since what happened he has been zeroed in on every woman Mateo hangs out with. I just wish I was there with her and if I saw Nick, I would have killed him.

Shortly after Jordan left a nurse brought a cot into our room and she said she couldn't bring another. I told Mateo he could have the cot and I could have the chair; Nick is really getting to him I can tell and he needs to rest. Grace went to sleep fairly quickly, and I sat in the chair with my arm resting over my eyes. My phone started vibrating in my pocket.

"Hey." I answered seeing Taylor's name.

"Hey, how is she?" Taylor asked.

"She's asleep, she had some soup and so far she has been able to keep it down." I answered her.

"Ok, I'm about to head back." Taylor said quickly.

"Taylor, you don't have to tomorrow she is going to come home, and she will need you then. There isn't much you can do here." I offered her.

"I need to be there." She quickly said.

"Look, this was not your fault, it is not anybody's fault. Be ready for her to come home, she is going to need you, right now the clock is ticking until she can get out of here." I answered her. It was really there was no need for her to come here and worry about her, she could stay home and get some rest and we could drive her over in the morning.

"Okay, but if anything happens to her, I'll cut your dick off." Taylor said hanging up.

"Goodbye to you too." I mumbled putting my phone my phone away.

I put my arm back over my eyes and tried to go to sleep, I really just listened to the music Grace put on. I wish I knew where Nick lived, I would go and kill him if I could. Is there any way to prove that maybe he damaged the camera at the pet store? Grace is mine, I don't care what happens to me no one is going to get away with this shit.

"You know if you think any harder, you are not going to be able to go to sleep." I looked up to see Grace was up.

"How did you know I was awake?" I said bring my arm down.

"You're fidgeting." She answered, I didn't even realize I was.

"Are you ok?" I asked her.

"Yeah, I really just want his head on a spike." She asked she picked up the cup beside her getting a drink.

"How have you been so calm?" I asked her, she certainly didn't look angry.

"I know I'll be ok. I always am." She said simply. "I certainly don't feel ok, don't get me wrong but there is nothing I can do." She finished. I was wondering how she could stay so calm, but still mad at the same time, but then I guess I was doing the same thing.

"If I can do anything and I mean anything let me know." I told her and I meant it, I would do anything for her.

"Come here." She said sliding over and petting the space beside her.

I walked over and laid down in the bed, she gave me a quick kiss on the lips and she laid her head on my chest going to sleep. Holding her made me go to sleep quicker, being able to feel her in my arms, calmed me down, my thoughts quit racing. I opened up my eyes blinded by the light coming through the window, I was still holding Grace. I saw Mateo at the foot of the bed, he was on his phone.

"Hey, I am telling Jason we are about to take her home." He said looking up at me. Grace started moving beside me.

"Text Taylor too." I told him and he nodded. A nurse walked in after I stood up.

"The doctor cleared Grace to go her are your discharge papers, and the police said they would contact you if they had any more questions." The nurse said giving the papers to Mateo.

"Thank you." Grace thanked and the nurse nodded and walked out.

Grace changed out of the gown and we walked her out. We got to the car and Mateo drove, Grace was in her normal spot. We got to her apartment and Taylor was waiting on the other side of the door.

"Hey, I was worried." Taylor said hugging Grace. We walked to her room to see a big blanket and some pillows on the floor. "I don't care if one of them is sleeping in here but someone is." She insisted.

"I'm staying." Mateo stepped up. "We need clothes though." He spoke.

"I can go get them." I said, I didn't mind I was not going to make him leave her.

"No, I can if you have a bag ready." Taylor said to us, I reached for my pocket and gave her my keys. I didn't mind I already made a bag before I woke Mateo.

I told Taylor where she could find the bag and I told her it had a set of clothes and sweats for me and Mateo. She told me that Grace needed us more than she needed her, I don't know if I agree or not. Still Taylor made up her mind, I didn't want to leave Grace no more than Mateo did.