Chapter 59: Mateo

I finished getting some clothes on and walked to the living room, to find that Grace was still getting ready, Nate was sitting on the couch. I sat down in the chair opposite him. He jumped up, startled, I quickly held up my hands mocking surrender.

"What happened? Are you ok?" I quickly asked. He looked up at me, he looked tired.

"Yeah, I'm ok. Just very tired." He answered, wiping his eyes with the back of his hand. He looked to the hallway before turning back to me looking like he was debating something.

"What is it?" I asked, he wanted to ask me something, it had to be about Grace otherwise he wouldn't check the hallway.

"I feel something for her." He said simply, I was confused. I felt something for her too, when we are together it's like my heart can't take losing her, like I would fall apart without her. When I am with her, I feel complete, like I would absolutely kill to protect her. I feel like I want her, but I also need her, I don't know how to explain how I feel.

"Ok." I said simply. I gestured between the two of us with my hand before speaking, "I do too." I finished.

"I don't know how to describe it, and when I was in my bathroom, I admitted something, I don't know how to take it." He explained. I nodded showing that I understood what he was saying. "I didn't tell her, I admitted it to myself." He reasoned. I looked to the hallway making sure Grace wasn't standing there.

"What was it?" I asked. I kind of got what he was saying I feel like I needed to hear it from him though. I know that whatever is going on here, involves all three of us and right now, I don't want to put that in danger.

"I think... I think I love her." He stated. I froze, immediately looking to the hallway to check Grace wasn't there. I feel like a piece just fit, like it was in place, like what he said fit me as well. I leaned forward putting my elbows on my knees. Isn't it to damn early to feel that? I asked myself.

"I don't know about that." Nate said, and I realized I didn't say that to myself. I looked up to see him smirking at me.

"What?" I asked him. I'm not mad, in fact I feel like a small weight has been lifted, like recognition has dawned on me. Do I love her too?

"You had the thought or feeling too. Didn't you?" he asked me.

"Yes, in fact when you said that it was like a piece fell in place." I explained.

"What do we do?" He asked me, he started looking nervous. I heard a knock at the door. It had to be Taylor.

"Nothing, not yet." I answered, getting up I walked to the door and opened it.

"Hey, bitches!" Taylor yelled, barging into the apartment, she was carrying a drawstring backpack and a grocery bag. I walked back into the living sitting down on the chair, where I was Taylor plopped down beside Nate.

"Hey," Nate spoke.

"Hey." I greeted.

"So, you two don't know how to play COD?" She asked. Her hair was in a long braid as usual in a black t-shirt and grey sweats.

"I do!" Nate yelled.

"Do you though?" We turned to see Grace walking out wearing her hoodie and leggings.

It was 11 so I was kind of hungry. Taylor got up and walked to Grace, they were just staring at each other before Taylor hugged her lunging forward. I called her and told her about what happened last night, she was probably worried. Grace gave me her number on the phone a couple of days ago and said that if her phone died when one of us picked her up from the club she would call and tell us who had her.

"Why are you hugging me like I almost died?" Grace asked hesitantly hugging her back.

"You didn't tell me that you felt tired, drained?" Taylor questioned her.

"I didn't feel like it was a big deal." Grace explained walking over to the couch sitting down in the middle putting Taylor on the other side. Taylor slapped her shoulder with her hand, Grace looked at her offended.

"You tell me everything, if you don't, I'll kill you." She said looking Grace straight in the eye, very sternly. So sternly I think if I grew up with her, I would be afraid of that look.

"Alright, mom." Grace answered. I stood up walking over to the phone lifting it.

"What are we ordering?" I asked.

"Pizza?" Taylor asked, Grace nodded then Nate. "I'll eat whatever you'll have." Taylor pointed to all of us.

"You two really don't have a picky bone in your body, do you?" Nate asked them, looking surprised. I kind of was surprised to by this answer, most of the girls we have over only want Italian or something more expensive

"Well, when you grow up in Alabama." Taylor said holding up her arms, making Grace laugh. Must be an inside joke or something.

Last night while Grace was asleep, we set up our PlayStation in the screening room we thought it would be cool to play on a bigger screen, with Grace. The food was delivered, and we ate in our living room, then made our way to the screening room. We had no idea Taylor would be coming though, when we walked Taylor in here, she freaked out and asked Grace why she didn't tell her before. Grace answered with it wasn't like the place was hers.

"Still." Taylor said sitting down in the one of the screening chairs. Grace sat down on left side of Taylor, me and Nate were in the row in front of them. I was in front of Grace, Nate was in front of Taylor. Taylor brought over Grace's controller and her own we were all holding one.

"How do you want to play this?" Grace asked I'm pretty sure all of us.

"We can play first, then play against them? Winning by number of kills of course." Taylor suggested. Nate turned to me I nodded back at him; I was cool with whatever. I'm pretty sure Grace and Taylor would beat our asses I was fine with it as long as it would get Nate mad.

"Yeah, that's fine." Nate turned to them answering.

"Alright, then." Grace said turning her attention to the screen setting up the game.

"I'm going to beat your ass." Taylor said looking to Grace. Grace smiled looking at the screen then turning to Taylor.

"We'll see." She said quietly. Then I turned my attention to the screen to watch them play.