Chapter 74: Mateo

I heard her lay down in her bed, and sigh. It was around nine o'clock.

"What is it?" Nate asked just as I was about too.

"It's just I feel like I don't know much about you two." She almost whispered, maybe she was underneath her covers.

"What do you want to know?" I asked at this point I would tell her everything if she wanted, I loved her, I just wasn't sure if she felt the same.

"Parents?"

"Don't talk to Dad, Mom's gone." I said simply, I would answer questions if she really wanted but that was what I was willing to give her until she asked.

"Mom died, cancer, dad suicide." I heard Nate respond. I always avoided talking to Nate about his parents it was a soft subject for him he assured me if he wanted to talk, he would come to me. I left it alone, I didn't want him to get to where he wouldn't talk to me anymore and he seemed to be moving on after a while and he was.

"Ok, big loves?" she then asked.

"None," Nate quickly answered.

"Besides the one you know none." I answered honestly, my ex she was the only one I cared about that way until Grace. If Grace were to leave me, I don't know what I would do and I know that she feels something I just don't know how far that goes, I don't want to assume anything I would for her to say. Maybe that made me a pussy I'm not sure but I don't want to mess this up.

"Ok thank you and I'm sorry." she sighed out.

"It was a long time ago." I assured her.

"Think we wouldn't tell you anything?" Nate asked.

"I don't know." She then said. "I'm really tired." She mumbled.

"Go to sleep if you want but I'm not hanging up." Nate said. I wasn't hanging up either, I got up and walked over to my computer and I thought about gaming for a bit.

"Jason is on the couch; you want to hang out?" I heard Taylor's voice chime in over the phone.

"I want to go to sleep no offense." I heard Grace, mumble her voice was already laced with sleep.

"Alright, I do too, move over." I heard some fumbling around and I'm sure they were both in the bed.

"I'm on the phone by the way, say hi." Grace whispered.

"Yeah, hey Taylor." Nate chimed in. Grace told Taylor I was on there too, and she said as long we were behaving, she didn't care, if Grace didn't.

"I'm way too tired to care." Grace answered, making me chuckle.

I zoned into my game just playing around, I wasn't paying attention to the time much. We I decided I was bored I saw it was one in the morning, I heard snoring and it had to be all of them were asleep because no one talked and my computer didn't have headphones in so I could've heard them.

I decided to head to bed my thought filled with Grace, and where this was going. I loved her, that much was certain I thought I was about to kill Nick when I saw him at the pet store. I wondered if I needed to tell her, if I could tell her, I don't want her to think that I don't care about her or think highly of this relationship I did, I was just afraid. What are you talking about I am afraid. I laid down and went to sleep fairly quickly.

"Mateo!" I heard someone yell, I woke up startled I flipped over in my bed.

"What happened?" I said turning over to see Nate standing at the door.

"Something happened to Grace we got to go." Nate said and he threw some clothes on to my bed.

I was in a daze, I threw on some clothes and ran after Nate, we didn't even talked. He just drove to a hospital nearby and someone grabbed my shoulder.

"Is she okay?" I heard muffling voices.

"She won't wake up! I don't know." I zapped out of my haze, to see Taylor standing beside me.

"Grace Lee." a doctor called and Taylor ran to the doc and they talked in hushed tones and started walking Taylor waved us over. We walked into a room and Grace was on a hospital bed, Jason pushed his way in behind me.

"Did she eat anything or take a drink from anyone?" The doctor asked Taylor.

"I saw her drinking a water and she grabbed a bag of chips from one of the girls last night at rehearsal."

"Who did the bottle come from and did anyone else get a drink?"

"No, I don't think any of the others grabbed a bottle. Oh!"

"She was drugged, with a very powerful paralytic and sedative. How long did it take for it to put her out?"

"Maybe fifteen minutes I thought she was just tired." Taylor answered. I turned around to see Jason on the phone.

"I'm going need you to go over to a club called Vivid Desires and I'm going to need you to talk to Jordan and she is waiting with a cooler of water and I want you to test all of the bottles." He turned to me nodding you could tell he was furious. I couldn't be mad at him, this wasn't his fault, how could he know someone would drug the water bottles.

The doctor told us that we would have to wait but with medication like this it wasn't made to kill her and she was more than likely to wake up. Did Nick do this? Did he do this thinking he could do something to her at the club? Maybe that it would kick in quicker than it did? I sat in a chair in the room Taylor sat in the chair closest to Grace.