Chapter 72: Mateo

I don't remember anything after I laid down on the floor next to Grace, I was supposed to sleep on the couch because I was sleeping on the floor before I went in Grace's room the night before last night. I opened my eyes, to see there was no one beside me, I smelled waffles, I sat up and looked over and Nate was sitting at the island while Taylor and Grace cooked.

"You do realize it is almost eleven?" Nate said looking at me. There is no way I have never slept in that long in a long time.

"Yeah, it is." Grace said turning around, it was almost like she was reading my thoughts.

"Hey, do you want to dance? This weekend we can maybe do all three days if you want?" Taylor asked turning around. I got up and walked over to the stool, sitting beside Nate.

"How do you think we can do all three?" Grace said turning to look at Taylor like she was insane.

"Well, Jordan has some routines she wants to show you, they are mostly like the one you did except they are group dances? So, you can dance with all of us." Taylor said chewing on a waffle.

"That would be great, we have to leave right after we eat?" She asked and Taylor looked to her nodding. I got up walking around them, I got me a cup of coffee and a plate, Nate fixed his from the other side.

After we ate, Grace threw me a key and said that might as well have one anyways and they left. I wanted to clean up for them, so they said we could leave when we got ready, Nate was helping me clean up too. I didn't know if I liked that Grace would be dancing this weekend, especially with Nick doing what he did, but I'm pretty sure if I told her that, that would only make her angry at me. I don't think she doesn't care; I think it's just that and she does and is not going to let him stop her from living. Jason said he would meet them at the club, Taylor told me it shouldn't be a problem to drive there because they didn't have the phone anymore.

"Are you sure we should have let them go alone?" Nate asked walking past me with Grace's bedsheets.

"Well, you heard Jason, the phone must've not have been actively tracking them and it wasn't even with them. I don't know if you were watching but I was and we were not followed yesterday." I answered honestly. Every two seconds I would discreetly look behind us to make sure we were not being followed, I didn't want them to see and start freaking out but I looked.

"If you say so." Nate said and turned on their washer. He walked into Grace's bedroom and I followed and stopped at the closet grabbing another set, I walked in to see him holding the rabbit.

"Don't tell me you want one too?" I questioned putting the sheet on her bed. Her bed didn't have a backboard which I liked, when she sat on my face she tugged on my hair since there was nothing else to hold.

"I wouldn't mind, though I don't know much about them." He answered. He put Leo back up and fed him a carrot out of a mini fridge beside his cage. I have never seen him want a pet or he never mentioned it? Nothing against pets I just don't want to be the one to clean up after them.

"What?" He said I realized he was staring at me.

"Nothing just you never mentioned wanting a pet," I answered throwing some of the sheet onto the bed. I was going to go home and see how I could go about selling my shares in the other clubs. I really wanted nothing to do with them anymore, I am tired of the meetings on the computer.

"I don't know just never came up, don't really think about it much." He said picking up one corner of the sheet.

After Nate helped me put on the sheet and cleaned the rest of the mess up, we left, I walked into my room and saw that the money from my shares came in. I opened my email to see a message from the kid thanking me for helping and he was sorry to see me go. What's funny about all this is, I never thought about selling my shares until I met Grace, after I met her, I wanted to drop it all. I never even mentioned what I was doing to Nate, the rest of my shares were much bigger percentages so I was sure to get a good amount of money from these. We grabbed something to eat before we got back.

"Hey, you want to do anything?" Nate said knocking on my door to announce himself.

"I'm actually trying to sell my shares." I mumbled scrolling through fixing to call my lawyer to see how much my other shares were worth.

"Why are you selling? You never told me nothing." He said jumping onto my bed, and he had a football in his hand tossing it up in the air over and over.

"I don't know, I'm just not interested anymore. I just got the money from that little club that opened about fifty miles from here I told you about." I explained. He knows I never dreamed about selling my shares, he probably thought I was out of my mind. I didn't care though something in me is telling me to get rid of them.

"Alright, then." he mumbled simply. I called my lawyer and my lawyer told me not to worry anymore he would take care of all of it, I wouldn't have to do any more meetings. He knew me enough to know what I wanted and I was glad I didn't have to push all of this myself, he said that since he knows how I handled the first one he would handle the rest and I was thankful.