Chapter 70: Grace

As we were leaving the store the girl pulled me off to the side, the others stopped and I waved them off telling them to go to the car but the girl also wanted to talk to Taylor.

"It takes one to know one, you know?" She whispered. "Domestic violence? Changing phone numbers but needing to keep the old one anyway? Correct me if I'm wrong though?" She asked.

"You're technically not wrong although it isn't what's happening here." Taylor answered looking around to make sure no one was around.

"I was in, that kind of relationship, although I have a stalker I guess now? He called us yesterday before now." I said gesturing to outside.

"Alright, well my name is Emma if you need me, call me. Oh, and if there is a job opening that pays better." She finished chuckling. She was really nice.

"I don't think you would be interested but we are strippers." Taylor said shrugging smiling shyly.

Emma told us that she was very interested and we took her outside to Nate and Mateo and explained that they were technically our bosses. She was very intrigued and asked if she could be trained and I immediately told her I was being trained. Taylor said that it would be fairly easy to train us at the same time if she wanted to start. I texted her so she would have my number and told me to give me a call if she was interested. She said she definitely would and sent us on our way.

"Do you see Nick now?" Nate whispered I'm guessing to Mateo we were all still standing around our car.

"Nope, haven't since he ran away." Mateo said looking around the parking lot. Taylor tapped me getting my attention.

"We already made it this far, why not go get one?" She looked to me smiling, it was kind of a good idea. We already had everything it would help me feel better. I nodded at her and we walked back into the store.

We spent about an hour holding rabbits and we both looked this rabbit that had lopsided ears, the employee said he's been returned three times because he sleeps lot and it was always kids that adopted him. He was tan and one ear was longer than the other, and when we would set him down even for a second, he stomped his foot. He is 4 months old but he was already litter trained, which was perfect. They tried offering us a box but we refused and me and Taylor paid half.

"What are we going to name him?" Taylor asked I was holding him in my lap and never tried to move at all.

"I'm not sure, as much as I've thought about owning a rabbit I never thought about names." I answered honestly, I never thought I would get one nevertheless get to name one.

We spent the rest of the ride bickering over names and we could never agree on one, Nate and Mateo tried offering a few but we just, never agreed. We got into the house and Mateo adamantly refused on holding him, Nate said he would and me and Taylor set up the cage in my room, since I would probably be at home more. Taylor argued with me about until I said when he got older, he could sleep in her room then she agreed, and we agreed to leave the doors open so he could go to whoever he pleased.

"How about Leo?" Nate asked sitting on my bed. Me and Taylor both turned around to look at him, I actually really liked it. Taylor looked to me smirking and we both nodded at each other.

"Leo." Taylor said nodding then we both turned around putting the cage together. I heard a knock at the door.

"Oh hey." I opened the door to get Jason. I stepped off to the side and he took that as an invitation.

"Hey, I'm so sorry about what happened earlier. He sounds like the kind of guy that would come here before going public." He walked in shaking my hand.

"Yeah, he definitely would have come here, he had to have only checked it or with somebody while we were at the store." Mateo said walking in behind me.

"We were there a while before I saw him." I agreed with Mateo.

"Where is the phone now?" he asked, I walked over to the counter grabbing it, it was turned off before we left the store.

"I'm going to take this to a tech, and they are going to install a virus, he won't find you again." Jason said pocketing the phone.

Jason assured us he was sorry and then left, we spent the rest of the night hanging out and playing with Leo and we ordered chicken wings from a pizza joint that delivers. Jason told me right before he left that if Nate and Mateo ever left and I felt unsafe to call, he would drop everything and come. We turned on a movie and made a little cot on the floor, the guys on the couch.