Chapter 43: Mateo

I don't know how much am I going to like this routine I don't want her on that stage period but it's wrong if I fire her because she could fire back with a lawsuit. I hope I can keep my tendency to be jealous in check and not put this on her. It's not like she knew I would be into her and it would lead to a relationship with her if she moved here and walked into my club to work for me.

I hope I can come up with some excuse to see her before Saturday but it is only Wednesday so I can probably just call her in between now and then. I can't help it but I like being around her and I like hanging out with her, it's not even the sex it's the fact that we can talk about anything. It's that she is comfortable around us given her past, it's that despite her past she has moved passed it and made a life for herself here.

"Hey. What's with that long-lost look you have on your face?" Nate asked interrupting my thoughts.

"Nothing, it's just this feeling being with her. I don't think I've ever felt anything like this before." I said fading off into a whisper.

"Me either. Good night." He said turning around waving before reaching the hallway. I chuckled making him stop and turn around.

"You and sleeping." I said sitting back down on the couch with a thud grabbing my computer on the coffee table. I have a meeting in about 30 minutes to sell my stock in one of my other clubs for a chunk of money so I can narrow down my work.

It was around one o'clock when I looked up because Nate walked back into the kitchen. He went to the coffee pot grumbling lowly, like he was mad about something. He also looked like he was half-asleep so he also probably wasn't in the mood to talk but still I had to try.

"What's wrong?" I asked him grabbing my mug with tea in it to take a sip to hide my face from him seeing my reaction to whatever he would say.

"It's just... Is it a bad idea to date a stripper from our club? Will this come out to be a big deal? Will her stripping come between us?" He started surprisingly calmy asking firing the questions quickly at me. When he is grumpy in the mornings like this he likes to try and say everything he can as fast as he can because he can get mad quick.

"I think, it will only come between us if we make this a thing. No, I don't like this either I don't like that she will be taking her clothes off to music while other guys see, but it makes her happy. It just frustrates me sometimes that we can't fire her, then I remember she hasn't even started yet." I finished smiling at him. He arched his brow at me and started laughing at what I had just said.

Yeah, I am kind of insane because I want to fire her from a job before she even started it but she technically doesn't work for me she works for herself. Our jobs as owners of the club are to make sure the girls are safe and pay the bartenders, bouncers and chefs, we let the girls overlook themselves. If we see that a girl is causing drama, we do ask them to not step foot back into our club to work.

"You want to fire her but you can't because she hasn't started and obviously because she can serve you for wrong termination. While we don't technically hire them to pay them, we hire them legally to have record of them which means she can sue you. That's why you can't do that dumbass." Nate finished chuckling, throw a big of chips at me.

"Why are you throwing chips at me?" I asked him, we were both laughing now, Nate was almost bent over laughing at me.

"I don't even know you don't even like chips that much!" He said struggling to finished his sentence.

"Alright then." I said throwing the chips back at him hitting him square in the face.

After the chips feel he caught them before they hit the floor and he started turning around to put them back in the cabinet grabbing a doughnut.

"Oh my god!" I faked surprised to catch his attention. He turned around quickly on edge because of my reaction.

"What?" He said looking shocked, surprised and on edge, like something bad just happened. I sighed looking down at the floor in front of me.

"What is up with you and the doughnuts?" I stopped dropping my surprised look to a smirk. "I mean, come on, unhealthy food." I finished with a sigh. His face turned furious, still looking at me, he grunted turning around to face the cabinets again. I was still on my bar stool on the other side of the island.

Wham! I sat up stock still looking up to see Nate looking at me smiling? I realized he had hit the counter as hard as he could to surprise me. After a minute, he started looking in pain, damn, he must've hit his hands really hard. I smiled up at him.

"Are your hands alright?" I asked picking up my mug smiling while taking a sip. He laid one of his hands in the other cradling it in pain.

"I hate you!" He grabbed his food and started storming off to his room.

"I hate you too!" I yelled back turning my attention back to my work for another meeting I had with one of the other clubs. I am planning to drop all my work and take some time off from other clubs and focus on my own.