Chapter 79: Grace

I opened my eyes, and felt a set of hands tighten around my waist, I wiped my eyes with the back of my hand, opening them. I opened them looking in front of me to Taylor standing over me.

"Jesus!" I jumped startled. Whoever was holding me let go.

"Well, she's awake." Taylor said looking at me. I stared daggers at her.

"No, I'm not going to practice I remember the whole damn thing." I said grumbling thinking she was trying to wake me up for practice.

"Not what I woke you up for but good to know." She said walking away from me back to the door.

"It would be nice to know why I am getting a wakeup call." Mateo mumbled behind me.

"When do you want to talk to the cops?" She said holding up a phone.

"Never would be preferred." I said rolling back over, I heard Mateo chuckle.

"Well, I do need an answer... One minute I'm sorry." She finished talking into the phone.

"Four o'clock good enough?" I asked and saw her nod hanging the phone up.

After Taylor finished with the phone call, she walked out without another word and I went back to sleep Mateo laying down beside me. The next time I woke up the detective they sent was in the living room and I quickly got ready and told them what I saw and they said that what I said was similar to everyone else. Right now, they have nothing, but hopefully they'll have something later. I know someone will always be by my side but right now I'm thinking in order for Nick to make a move I need to make a plan to be alone.

I need to get alone, right now he is anxious to get to me, I need to make that easy for him, too easy he won't be able to resist. Taylor insisted she could take care of me and pushed Nate and Mateo out of our apartment. We were sitting down watching a movie and the whole way through all I can think about is how to get alone at the club this weekend so I can just get rid of him. They are not going to let me get him alone, they care about me too much, but if I set something up, I will be ready for it, and I can stop him.

"You hungry?" Taylor asked and I nodded my head.

"Popcorn?" I asked her, and she nodded and got up and put it in the microwave coming back to my side.

"They are really good with you." Taylor said and I smiled, I liked that they were not talking at me like I was a victim, I liked that they haven't tried to make me feel that way. They were letting me have space and being here for me at the same time, I don't like them not being here but they need to take care of themselves.

I felt like I was being to absent to them, I didn't want them to think I was something they had to clean up. I want them to know I am here for them, like they are for me now. After the movie Taylor let me have the rest of the popcorn and I took it to my room. It was like suddenly I had this surge of energy and I texted Mateo.

"I'm sorry for being absent." I apologized, I was totally absent and haven't really talked to them. I need to be, I hope they don't think I'm shutting them out.

"Don't do that."

"Do what?"

"Apologize for something you can't help."

"I still feel that way."

"I can come fuck it out of you, if you like." Ok, a little unexpected. Then again, totally expected.

"Way to be forward."

"I know but that is what I'm here for, you would do the same for me." He was right I would.

"I would." I want to see them, maybe Taylor or Jason would drive me. I want to see them.

"I wouldn't doing it if I didn't care for you. Please know that."

"I know. Can I come see you?"

"Of course." Of course, he would say that.

I headed into the living room and told Jason I wanted to see them, he said he would drive me. Taylor told me she would grab me a bag and put my meds in it. I went and got in some sweats so I could sleep in them if I needed to. Taylor gave me a small purse that had my meds and a phone charger.

"You ready to go?" Jason asked, walking up to me, I nodded and walked out the door him behind me.