Chapter 111: Nate

It was nice talking to her and getting to know her, sometimes we got snippets over dinner and breakfast. I sometimes thought it was a bad idea, but now I'm thinking I was kind of crazy for thinking that. I love her, but I don't know that much about her. I was wondering about this Jake kid she mentioned, before I could stop myself, I spoke.

"Who is Jake?" I asked and she smiled this huge smile that lighted up her face, I felt jealousy creeping in.

"He's a really good friend, I grew up with him his father used to cut people lawns, I don't know how much he charged. Jake used to come and help him, I used to bug him all the time, trying to talk to him, he didn't talk much, he didn't much like me either." She chuckled out making me smile. "After a while he treated me like his little sister, he didn't understand much. He had Autism, I didn't understand that but he liked talking about tractors, and lawnmowers, I didn't want to talk about. I did know he liked books, so that's what we would talk about." She trailed off with a far off look on her face like she was in a memory. She shook her head, and looked over at me and Mateo.

"I'm kind of jealous." Mateo teased and Grace laughed.

"You don't have to be, he's like my brother, I just miss him." She closed her eyes. "Tell me something embarrassing." She looked at both of us, I chuckled knowing the perfect thing.

"I had my first time with a girl when I was drunk." She laughed.

"No, you didn't." She shook her head but I nodded.

"I was fumbling around already; I didn't know what the fuck I was doing. She slapped me when I orgasmed and left me there, I passed out." I chuckled remembering vaguely.

"Oh my God." She laughed; it was nice hearing her laugh.

"My dad followed me to college, stormed in with papers he wanted me to sign to basically make me his. I was showering he walked in and dragged me out of the showers everyone was there in the hall when he told me that I was useless unless I signed those papers." Mateo said making her stop. "It was mortifying having my father talk to me like that in front of a lot of people it was embarrassing, but the most embarrassing part. I was fucking a girl in the shower." He said making her chuckle.

"Did he not see or not care?" She asked, he chuckled.

"I had her bent over she was holding her ankles, maybe he didn't see I really don't know." He laughed. But I knew that was the last conversation he had before he lost his trust fund, and his father. Her eyes drifted closed again and she sighed.

"How powerful are these pills exactly?" She asked and Mateo scoffed.

"Highest dose." She nodded.

"Yep, these make me tired." She smiled. "I don't know if I have anything embarrassing. Um..." she trailed off then her eyes lit up. "Okay, yeah, I do. Jake walked into my room without knocking I was changing clothes, he pointed to my tits and asked me when I grew them." She said, I laughed not being able to hold it back, I bit the back of my hand, stopping myself.

"That's pretty embarrassing." Mateo gritted his teeth.

"Yeah, his mom walked in and pulled him out of there so I could change clothes in peace." She chuckled.

"When did you meet Blake?" Mateo asked and she instantly sobered.

"He was the jock; he was everything everyone wanted. I knew of him my whole life, I met him at a ball game, he ran right smack into the fence in high school, freshman." She sighed.

"Sorry baby I was just curious." Mateo kissed her forehead and she showed him a small smile. She closed her eyes.

"It's ok, but I feel like I am going to sleep." She finished with a hum.

"Go to sleep Angel." I cooed, I held her hand, as she drifted off to sleep. Me and Mateo laid there watching her sleep, I felt my heart thundering in my chest reminding me of the one thing that I haven't told her. There was a knock at the door I'm not sure how much time passed.

"I'll go." Mateo got up and opened the door.

"Nick's here." Someone said on the other side of the door. "Just thought you should be aware, I got to go." The woman spoke and he shut the door.

"Who was that?" I asked.

"Chelsea." He started pacing and I slowly let go of her hand making sure not to wake her. I stood up and walked to him I held his shoulders he looked up at me. "I want to kill him." He seethed. I nodded immediately feeling the same remembering what he did to Grace.

"I do too." I agreed.

"He's here, why is he here?" He looked at me and I shook my head.

"Do you want to find him?" I asked and he nodded, he looked at Grace then shook his head. He nodded again and I nodded. "We can have Christi watch the door, okay? She can lock it." I said and he visibly relaxed.

"He hurt her." He said and I felt the anger bubbling up in me.

"He did." I said, he turned around and ripped open the door Christi was standing there.

"Go, protect your girl." She said and we walked out ready to go down swinging for our girl. Grace. Angel. I love her so much I would burn down the world for her.