Chapter 68: Grace

Jason just left as I was walking to my room; I needed to check and see if I had any school assignments. I got to my door and I felt a hand on my shoulder, I jerked turning back against the door, Nate held up his hands.

"Sorry," he said. I smiled at him letting him know it was okay, I walked into my room and walked over to my desk sitting down and I heard him lay down on my bed.

"I need to check my college website, see if I have any assignments this week." I explained.

"Okay, are you sure you're not going to mind Jason being around?" He asked, I turned around in my chair, he was laying on his stomach and was fiddling with the tassels on one of the throw pillows from my bed. I sighed before answering.

"No, why? Should I mind?" I asked him and he tilted his slightly looking slightly confused.

"Just hearing his voice, I was paralyzed, I can't necessarily be safe around him unless I can think. Now if he was going to walk up to me now, I would probably lose my shit, and believe me I know how mad I can get, he is just as much getting protection as I am." I explained. He sounds just like Blake and now that I'm aware he wants something with me you bet your ass I am mentally prepared.

"You got that right." I heard Taylor say as she was walking past my door to her room. Then she stopped turning and sitting on my chest against the wall beside my dresser.

"What exactly did you do to him?" he asked.

"I told you, I hit him over and over tell I passed out beside him." I answered confused.

"I mean, how bad was he hurt?" He answered. I heard walking and looked up just as Mateo got to my door. I really didn't know I only cared about myself.

"Broke a few ribs, fractured his pelvis, gave him a black eye, broke his eye socket, and something to do with his legs because now he walks with a limp." Taylor said. I looked to her surprised because how the hell can she know.

"I'm sorry what?" I asked shaking my head.

"My parents saw him, although he never met them, they recognized him." She said shrugging her shoulders. She held up her hands after seeing the look I was giving her. "They literally just saw him I'm not keeping anything from you. Check my phone if you want." She offered getting her phone out of her hoodie holding it up in front of me. I waved her off.

"Damn." Nate said shaking his head.

"Our dear friend told me about the ribs, pelvis and eyes before we moved." She looking at me. Although the guy wasn't my friend or hers, he never told us a lie that we know of.

"I never asked about him. I never cared." I said looking to Nate and Mateo who were nodding. I turned back and logged in to see that our teachers decided to not give us an assignment. I closed my laptop turning around, they were all still here.

"Who's the 'dear friend'?" Mateo asked.

"One of Blake's used to be closest friends. He is keeping watch in case he finds out where we are, he calls me on a burner." Taylor explained pulling a bag of chips out of God knows where and opened it.

"Does he know Grace changed her name?" Mateo asked his voice on edge.

"Hell no, I didn't say we trusted him." Taylor said, she seemed to be offended.

"Easy, I was just asking." Mateo said.

"Alright, well. I have to go; well, I don't have to but I want to dance." She said getting up to leave the room.

After she left the room Mateo took her spot on my chest, I got up and walked to the bed laying down parallel to Nate. I laid my head down on my arms crossing them.

"No school?" Nate turned his head toward me asking, I shook my head.

"Do you want to go anywhere do anything?" Mateo asked, I shook my head again. I don't really want to go out again, not now, I really don't like leaving except for school anyway. I want to just hang around here maybe watch a movie.

"What do you want to do?" I asked them, I feel like lately I've been picking everything we do. I want them to pick.

"Whatever you want, I don't care." Nate said throwing an arm around me. Lately, I've been thinking about getting a pet, should I now?

"I don't care." Mateo added. I got up and walked to Taylor's room the guys were behind me, I opened the door to see Taylor dancing on her pole. I turned off her music she stopped looking at me like she was about to kill me.

"Hey, easy. Don't kill me. The other day we were talking about pets, you want to go through with it?" I asked her, holding my hands up, she was wearing a white skirt and black t-shirt. She smiled walking to her closet, so I guess we are leaving.

"Yeah, what are we getting? Dog or bunny?" She asked, we both are more dog people than cat people we also wanted a bunny in grade school.

"Bunny?" I suggested. "I just got my last paycheck from Jessica I can get whatever." I finished explaining.

"Bunny." Taylor agreed, throwing another hoodie on the bed.