Chapter 120: Grace

I was currently on my way home with Taylor looking through my photo of Leo, we both stayed and petted him as he was put to sleep. I bawled my eyes with Taylor for a few minutes and she was crying right now as she drove. We have to come back tomorrow for his ashes, and everyone there was so nice to us, letting us have our time with him. They explained that almost all the time rabbits with tumors like his were caught late because they grow so fast, at a rate the owners can't detect, that made me feel better slightly.

"The damn rabbit." She muttered making me chuckle. "He was so... us." She said making me smile.

"He was." I said getting instantly what she meant. Whenever we would watch horror movies and get upset over that one dumb character he would stomp as if he sensed or understood what we were saying. He was so sweet and every time I had a nightmare when he was sleeping on my bed, he would cuddle with me until I feel back asleep.

I held up a pamphlet the doctor gave us for his urn. I flipped through some of the ugliest things, that looked like mini trash cans, before I got to the really mediocre ceramic ones in dark glue, blue, red. Some on them had diamond patterns other looked like pot for plants. Then I turned the page and my eyes landed on this heart urn in purple, teal colors, metallic in shade, it said you could send a picture to have the paw prints customized onto it, even change the colors. Taylor parked the car and I realized we were at Nate and Mateo's apartment building I shook my head, holding out the pamphlet.

"I like this one." I whispered and she wiped away a tear looking at the urn. She nodded, flipping the pages to look at the other eyes but she only rolled her eyes on those before looking at the heart and I saw her eyes melt.

"I do too. I figured you might want to come back here since I stole you away from them." She said and I laughed.

"Come on, we're watching a movie before you leave." I said and she smiled getting out of the car. We walked up to the apartment and I unlocked it with the key they gave me.

"Hey, Angel." Mateo greeted me standing the kitchen, as I walked. Nate walked out of the hallway and stormed straight up to me grabbing my chin seeing my splotched cheeks and dried tears.

"I'm sorry baby." He whispered hugging me.

"That damn rabbit." Taylor muttered again making me laugh, when I looked over, she had a smile on her face. I saw the pamphlet in her hand, and she pulled out her phone dialing a number before holding it up to her ear. "Yeah, we just came in with Leo, I have this paper in my hand for...urns." She trailed off nodding.

"Leo didn't make it?" Mateo asked and I looked at him nodding.

"I know it's stupid." I said and he shook his head.

"It's not. I'm sorry Angel." He said and I nodded.

"We want number 9356. Oh, you have some?" I heard Taylor speak. She looked at me and I nodded. "What colors do you have?" She asked.

"Colors?" Nate asked and I chuckled, Taylor handed me the pamphlet and I showed him the urn and he nodded, looking at it.

"Blue and silver? That's on one together, right?" She asked and she nodded pulling the phone away. "I like those colors you?" She whispered and I thought of his blanket I picked out for him blue and white, he laid on it every time I had him out and went to bed. The memory makes me smile, my heart clenching at the memory.

"Yes." I said and she pulled away whispering on the phone before hanging up.

"They'll engrave his pawprints." She said walking up to me.

"Can we watch a movie before she leaves?" I asked, Nate and Mateo nodded.

"You don't have to ask baby; you know where it is." Mateo said and I rolled my eyes remembering the conversation but a hand was wrapped around my throat.

"What the fuck?" Taylor said and Mateo looked at me with fire in his eyes, Nate whispered something in her ear making her smile.

"Don't roll your eyes at me, sweetheart." He said tightening his hold.

"Move in with them, come on." Taylor said and I looked over at her. Mateo let me go and I breathed deeply.

"What?" I said and Taylor walked over to me holding my shoulders.

"You have lived with me, almost your whole life. Move in with them." She said and my eyes widened before I looked over at Nate who was smirk deviously. "You know Emma just got broken up with maybe she can move in with me." She said and I considered the idea. She has been hanging out with us recently, she had just got broken up with and we all went out for a girl's night I was designated driver because I am pregnant.

"I don't want to just abandon you." I said and she chuckled.

"Listen to me very closely, slugger." She said showering me with that nickname ever since Nick, reminding me that back home I used to brandish a bat like it was a part of me. "I will be okay. I will get a new roommate." She said and I found myself nodding.

"I only carried a bat around because it's not like I could wave a gun." I sung and she chuckled. "You and both know I never used the thing." I said and she laughed harder.

"I remember the fights we used to get into with the idiots down the road that thought they run the block like we were in some corny movie." She smiled and I chuckled. "I can take care of myself; you don't need you need them." She nodded back to Nate and Mateo who had confused looks on their faces.

"It might be time to explain a thing or two." I muttered making her look back at them.

"We've been to hell don't care to go back thank you." She quipped making me laugh.