Chapter 18: Grace

It had been 3 hours; I still was having some trouble doing this with another person. I needed to leap into his arms and let him hold me for certain moves. I was relieved to see that it was also difficult for him to learn as well, sometimes I would turn around to quickly and trip over my feet, into his arms. We had quite a few laughs when we messed up, I was glad to see this was going to be fun.

"As much as I would love to keep doing this and have you order me around, Jordan, I'm hungry." I said turning around to face her, I was hungry, and sweating. She had been ordering us around like a drill sergeant, but she was still making this fun, as well letting us goof around.

"Well, you have half the song down, I see that's a good stopping point." She said jumping off the stage. I jumped off behind her walking to the table to see that the time was almost 12 on my phone.

"Thank god," I heard Alex jump down and walk up beside me. "Are we heading out or do we have plans here?" Alex and I both turned around to look at Jordan.

Taylor was sitting in one of the chairs, she had left the teaching to Jordan once she saw she had us under control. She had her feet propped up on a nearby chair.

"I made a deal with one of the cooks yesterday, he is here, I told him to be here around now. I'll go tell him to cook us some barbecue wings?" she pointed to one of us at a time, we all nodded.

"Alright then." She headed toward the kitchen walking past the bar to the back. I sat down in the chair, Alex dragged one of the other chairs to the table.

"Well, you seem to be having fun." Taylor smirked at me.

"I really am. This is so fun, more fun than I've had in years." I said smiling at her.

Taylor looked towards, the balcony I followed her gaze to see a man I didn't recognize on the side, usually where Mateo and Nate usually sit. There was a man, standing leaning over the railing. He had a black suit with a red tie, had dark brown hair, buzzcut style.

"Uh oh," said she said putting her feet down, leaning into the table.

"What "uh oh.?" I said what was up with this dude. Who was he?

"That's Nick. What even is he doing here? He doesn't own this anymore." She asked looking to me of all people. I held up my hands.

"Don't look at me I don't know." I said to her.

"I know you don't but they didn't say anything?" She asked me scooting closer to me.

"Just because we have a thing going doesn't mean they told me anything." I said to her shaking my head.

"Well, if it helps, I know a bit about him." Alex chimed in.

"What do you know? I want to know if I have to start looking for a new job, I came a couple years after him and from what I gather he is not the best to work for." Taylor looked to Alex.

"Well, Mateo had a girlfriend? Wife? I don't know that bit but according to some rumors, she and Nick was cheating on Mateo. Nate and Mateo didn't know and the plan was if they started making money off the club, she would get money from both of them, apparently Nick was just in it for the money as well." Alex started putting his elbows on the table leaning in to tell us.

"Wow, ok so he just treats people like scum if no money comes in good to know. Looks like if he finds a way to get back in, I'm looking for a job, I am not working for a shark." Taylor said leaning back crossing her arms.

"Yeah, apparently it got so bad, the club almost went out of business because Nick was taking so much money, heard he was creep around some of the dancers as well." Alex said. "I would quit too." He finished leaning back in the chair.

After about 2-3 minutes we got our food, and we chatted about our dance and what we gotten down and what I needed work on before we worked on the other half of the song. After we got through eating, we decided we had done plenty considering we both had gotten that much done. Taylor took me home and I told her when we got home, I needed to get ready for Mateo and Nate to pick me up.