Chapter 46: Grace

I had just spilled the beans that I was dancing with someone, but I didn't say who, or what gender. Taylor told me that just because Jordan told me not to tell them details, she thought I should let it slip that I was at least dancing with someone.

"Let me guess, you can't tell us who?' Nate chimed in. I had paused the game we were playing and from the silence on the call he did too. I was staring at my phone, don't get me wrong I am excited for tonight I just have mixed feelings about this, let alone this being the first time I'm actually doing this.

"No, I can't." I almost whispered to them.

"Ok, well Grace?" Mateo chimed in, "We wouldn't have wanted to even be in a relationship with you if all we were going to do was hold you job over you. Cheer up, you'll be fine, dance have fun. We made you a deal we will hold ourselves to it, but you have to talk to us please don't start burying your feelings now. Have fun, ok?"

"Ok, I will." I agreed.

"Alright, you want to finish this game?" Nate asked, you could hear the smile in his voice.

I loved his smile, his eyes were gorgeous, Mateo's too, but I haven't seen Mateo smile much. I'm pretty sure the only reason why we've had so many heart-to-hearts together is because of everything I told them about Blake. I guess I can't blame them for treating me differently though, I am a lot to deal with. Maybe he is also treating me differently because he has been through something similar, maybe? If that was the case, I guess I REALLY couldn't blame him, he would understand what I need right now.

"Yeah definitely." I answered unpausing my mind still slightly in a daze. We immediately started playing I needed to get totally zoned into the game, but I couldn't also stop thinking about how Mateo opened up. I am glad he isn't holding my job over me and instead is encouraging me. He is correct, they are definitely not Blake, they are not even remotely close to being him.

"Are you sure you're okay? I'm beating you based on kills right now Grace, come on." Nate teased zapping my mind back into the game.

"Yes, I'm fine see." Quickly clutching the trigger killing three players in front of me.

"Ok yeah I think you're...fine" He trailed off and I saw his kill count go up two. This game was about to end and we were both playing against the computer in this game, teamed up. I laughed at him after hearing him groan over the phone clearly struggling.

"Yeah, sure. You're... fine." I heard Mateo chime in, teasing.

"Yeah, I'm not ok." Nate stated sighing after Mateo's remark.

He sounded like he was defeated, I saw that someone on the other team died and I looked in the corner to see it was him. I started laughing along with Mateo, I could tell because of his deeper voice, his laugh made me smile. His laugh lights me up almost like his touch, okay now I need to get my mind of his laugh and touch.

"Yeah, you're not. And..." I trailed off killing his last teammate winning the tournament. "I won!" I cheered for myself.

"Good girl!" Mateo cheered for me over the phone clapping as well. "She beat your ass, bro." He stated and I think I head a slap I'm assuming he clapped his back.

"You want to try?" Nate asked Mateo. "Hey! Tell Taylor I want to play with her. If she taught you, I want to see how you do together and how good she is." Nate said and I could hear the smile in his voice.

Taylor told me she actually really liked them, said that actually her and Mateo go to talking and they got along pretty well. I'm glad they are all getting along very well, it helps since she's the only family I have left. They are really good guys, I have the great feeling about them, a strong one, I don't want to lose them, I just want them to consume me.

"Okay, we will have to set that up." I said smirking over the phone because if we got into a two-on-two match we would absolutely destroy them.

"I would play right now but you have to get going to get to rehearsals, Grace." Mateo warned me over the phone, I looked to my alarm clock to see I was two minutes late to get ready. Not a big deal but I am a bit of a stickler for being on time, for getting ready and for leaving I guess it comes from my bitch of an old boss.

"Definitely. See you tonight!" I answered and quickly said goodbye and hung up for me to quickly get ready to meet Taylor at the front door.