Chapter 58: Mateo

I was in my room sitting at my desk, in my meeting. I left the door cracked in case Grace needed me, since Nate fell asleep. Nate spent most of the night worrying about Grace I know because I stayed up with him, we talked before I dozed off, and went to the kitchen to get me some coffee there I got the call about the mistake on the paperwork by my lawyer. Someone working for the club forgot to put in the extra zero, I was pissed, I was selling my shares for 15,000 it was a huge 3 story club, with both male and female dancers, I invested a lot into it and the owner knew that. The owner's assistant called me to set up the meeting I was now sitting in on.

"I'm just glad my lawyer, caught the mistake. I'm glad you understand why the price is the way it is but why should I trust you, now?" I asked. I did not have to sell the shares back to him at all we could always mutually find an investor that I can trust to buy my shares from me.

"Mr. Ross, I am very sorry this happened I assure you that, the person who typed out this paperwork is no longer working with me. They have made plenty of mistakes before and this was the last straw." He assured, he was younger than me and very immature sort of like me starting out. This club had been open 2 years now, I just wanted my chunk of money and out of this. I would get more money out of my other investments because there were not near as many investors in those as there was with this club. There was 20 here, and less than 10 in the others.

"Nobody trusted you anyway." I muttered. Truthfully, he needed so many investors, because no one trusted his immaturity, me and Nate on the other hand worked for our money before-hand not after. I never even put in the time to remember his name; I never used his name in meetings but he used mine.

"I'm sorry?" He asked unsure.

"Nothing. If this happens again you will be hearing from my lawyers." I said, hanging up not even bothering to hear his response.

The whole point of me pulling out of these clubs, was to focus on myself for a while maybe later I would invest again, unless I found something else, I really had a passion for, until then I want out of this. I sighed closing my computer putting my head in my hands. The kid came to me every time he had a problem with the bills or anything hence why the shares are so damn high for me owning so little. I offered money last, jumping in with one other investor at the end, thought it would make me a little money not much.

"Are you ok?' The soft voice startled me making me jump slightly. I looked back to see Grace standing in the doorway, I turned in my computer chair answering her. She was wearing Nate's shirt; I don't know if she was wearing anything else.

"Yeah, I will be." I answered honestly. I would be ok when they fix the damn papers so I can sign them. She looked back at me like she knew I was lying.

"Ok, I know you don't want to say, that's fine." She said her arms raised she walked to me I leaned back in the chair. She leaned down putting her hands on both armrests, bent over, she stared at me a moment.

"What?" I asked smiling slightly, I arched a brow in question at her. She climbed on top of me sitting in my lap, her legs dangling on either side through the sides of the chair.

"Are you ok?" She asked, I arched a brow wondering why she was asking me again. "Not with the computer, are you ok?"

"I should be asking you that." I answered her. "If you are wondering if I'm going through something mentally with us, I'm not that phone call is running through my head right now." I explained.

"Ok," she leaned forward pulling me towards her, she kissed me, I started kissing her back immediately. I ran my fingers through her hair, I loved doing that, the feeling of her hair flowing through my fingers. She pulled back suddenly. "What are we going to do today?" She asked.

"I don't have any more meetings, Nate never works, it's up to you." I answered her.

"We can either stay in or go out." I heard Nate speak, he was standing in the doorway, leaning on the doorframe.

"I have an idea." She said standing up abruptly then she pushed passed Nate and walked out of the room.

"What is she doing?" I asked Nate, I figured he might know since they were together in his bedroom before here.

"I don't know." He answered shaking his head, he turned around I assumed to go after her. I stood up following him.

"Grace!" He walked into the hallway as she walked past the kitchen doorway.

"We are going to play games, I invited Taylor." She announced. "Do you have any snacks?" She asked turning to look at us in front of the cabinets. She arched a brow waiting for one of us to answer.

"Yeah, here." Nate answered showing her his stash. Grace lifted her phone up to her ear.

"Yeah, we got some, just come on." She said hanging up. "I got to go get ready." she said walking back past us back to Nate's room.

"I guess we are going to get schooled in Call of Duty?" I asked Nate.

"Guess so." He smirked at me. I started walking back to my room to change. Yep, I guess she already had the idea. This should be fun.