Chapter 28: Grace

After about 20 minutes of me and Nate playing a game of who would give in, which no one did. I stepped out and saw the clothes sitting on the bed from Taylor. I quickly put them on and went to the living room, I vaguely remember since Mateo picked me up after I looked at the entrance for 30 seconds. 

"Hey," I said walking in the living room to see Taylor sitting on the couch. Mateo walked in from an entrance to the left, sitting on a love seat across from her, holding what looked like coffee.

"Hey, I was worried I was asleep when you texted me." Taylor stood up walking to me and hugged me.

"Yeah, I know I'm sorry, should've called but I didn't want to wake you." I said stepping back from her.

"Did you think we would murder her, Taylor?" Mateo asked smirking. Taylor turned to look at him smirking back at him.

"Her? No should would kill you first." Taylor looked back at me. I smirked at her. When Mateo saw my smirk his dropped.

"Learned from the best." I said elbowing Taylor playfully.

"You sure? You both are tiny." I looked behind me to see Nate walking into the room.

"What was it you gave your boyfriend that abused you? Black eye? 3 broken ribs?" Taylor said looking to me smirking. I froze I hadn't told the guys that. I stayed not making eye contact with either one of them.

"You didn't tell them, did you?" Taylor asked stepping closer to me lowering her voice. I shook my head no.

"Wait-what?" Mateo asked, I think I heard him stand up I couldn't tell because I was still staring at the wall.

"Nothing." Taylor said wrapping her arm around my shoulders. She leaned in closer, "I'm sorry" she whispered.

"It's fine. They were probably going to find out later anyway." I whispered back.

"You going to tell us or?" Mateo asked stepping into my line of vision, tilting his head.

"I should probably go, for a minute. I'll-" I grabbed her arm, to stop Taylor from going.

"Nope, you aren't going." I said, I could feel my hand starting to shake. "I haven't though about him in forever." I said looking at her.

"Well?" Nate asked stepping up beside Mateo. I sighed, they were going to find out sooner or later.

"He's the one, the one that only wanted me for sex, but he wanted me for more than that. He wanted me to be his, his slave, whatever you want to call it." I said staring a hole in the wall space between them as an anchor.

"It started about 3 weeks into the relationship, if I didn't answer the phone, he'd go ballistic, wanted to know where I was, I needed evidence to prove I wasn't with another guy and so on."

"She was only allowed to go to school, see him and me." Taylor said grabbing my hands, I took a deep breath, I looked at both of them briefly.

"When I got to where I couldn't prove anything, like going out with my grandma, me going to work." He started getting angry, he would throw things, not specifically at me but still throwing things." I said Nate took a step closer.

"You don't have too." Nate said I looked him in the eye and shook my head.

"It's okay. Just haven't though about it in a while." I answered.

"One time I went to go see Taylor, I didn't take any pictures, screenshot my location and we hadn't texted about me being over there, so I had nothing to show for it. I was at his house; his parents were gone on a date. He asked me and I told him I had nothing. He slapped me and told me to stop making him hit me, and that it wouldn't have to happen if I showed him what I normally showed him." I said looking at the floor.

"I swear, if I could kill him." Mateo said, I looked up to see him clenching his fists.

"Believe me she tried." Taylor said tightening her grip on my hand. I diverted my gaze back to the floor and continued.

"After a while texts and screenshots weren't enough because we could be faking them, and I could've been cheating on him the entire time. Meanwhile, he had me scared shitless ever since he hit me." I continued.

"Every time I hadn't taken a picture with somebody, or anything to show for it, he would punch me and slap me." I looked up when Nate, grabbed my other hand. I gave him a light smile.

"After a couple times, I don't know how many, I found a bruise she hadn't covered up because it was under her shirt and she was changing clothes to sleepover." Taylor continued, I looked at her grateful, she was here for this. Mateo and Nate looked at her waiting for her to continue.