Chapter 9: Mateo

It had now been about 3 hours, making it 5:30 the club had now been open an hour. I still could not stop thinking about the fact the Grace was going to be alone in the sitting room most of the time tonight. Nate was wondering if she had left but he also pointed out that he didn't notice if Taylor had left and come back, as to say she was now back at home. I was definitely not going to tell him I knew where she was.

"Great club you got here." Someone said patting me on the back awakening me from my thoughts. I looked back to see Roman he was a business owner around here, a book store I think. His book store closed if I remember correctly around an hour ago.

"Oh, thanks man." I said turning around to shake his hand. Roman comes here often, he knows Nate, I think they are just acquaintances, he has never come to talk to me before.

"Lord knows you got some fine ass girls too." He said lifting his hand with what looked like a bourbon in his hand. He must be drunk, I just rolled my eyes and turned back around, to look back down at the stage.

"Can't wait to have one of those heads between my legs," he said cockily I jumped up.

"Hey man, quit it. Don't talk about the girls like that." I said patting his back trying to escort him out. "You must be really drunk man let me help you."

"No! I'm fine, there was a girl sitting in the front row yesterday I was hoping to see tonight." He said pulling away, standing in front of me. It suddenly clicked, if he was talking about Grace, I shook my head trying to will myself to calm down. "Is she one of your girls? I saw the others hanging out with her after they walked offstage." He asked, stumbling in front of me.

"Think you can set us up? I'll pay, hell I'll pay anything for her to suck my cock." I sprang into action; he had a drunken smile on his face.

"I am not no pimp if you want a prostitute get on the fucking streets and out my club!" I slapped his drink out his hand. "Get the fuck out! Don't come back, no one comes in here looking for that shit." I yelled.

"Well, if the shoes fit." He said, then laughed, fucking laughed. I punched him I think I broke his nose because my hand had blood all over them, when I looked at it.

"Hey woah, now." Nate came up to us, pulling me away from Roman. He looked at me, and I think he read the situation because he then looked at Roman and said, "I think you need to leave, NOW." He waved to one of our bouncers in the corners.

"Take this douchebag out my club and make sure he never comes back," I said while Nate was dragging me away. We went, down the stairs and up the stairs across from them to our offices. He stopped me outside my office.

"You ok, man?" He said grabbing my chin to look into my eyes, he's probably trying to see if I'm drunk.

"Yeah, I'm fine, go. I'll stay up and here cool down, go." I said lightly pushing him away. "Thanks" I said. He nodded his head.

"Alright, you sure?" He asked eyes full of concern, I just nodded my head. "Alright then." He said making his way back into the club.

I went into my office, and starting looking in my desk for some wipes to clean my hand up. After, I finished I went to my couch and laid across it, my forearm propped on my forehead covering my eyes. Why the hell did he do that? From what I heard, I thought he was pretty chill. Guess not. I guess I dozed off because it was 45 minutes later when I opened my eyes, making it around 7.

I got up off the couch and opened my office door and remember Grace was on the couch at the bottom of the stairs outside my door. Should I go see her? Next thing I knew I was moving, down the stairs, guess I'm saying hello.

I walked down the stairs, when I got to the bottom I saw Grace, leaning over earbuds in her ears, with her eyes closed. She wasn't asleep because she moved one of them out of her ears, eyes still closed. "Taylor, you going to try to scare me again?" She said annoyed waiting for Taylor to answer.

"No, I wasn't trying to scare you," I said, she immediately froze, and opened both her eyes, and took the other earbud out of her ear.

"What do you want?" she said making eye contact with me, beautiful brown eyes. Did she like me or hate me? The look on her face wasn't giving anything away.