Chapter 44: Mateo

The rest of the week went by in a blur, I was able to call Grace at night we would make a three-way phone call when we got ready to go to bed to sleep. We would be on the phone till she got up to practice I would set up an alarm every morning to tell her to have a good day. It was now Saturday eight o'clock in the morning I was in the kitchen with a cup of coffee preparing for my final meeting.

This was the last meeting with this club I would be finalizing the sale of my shares today. I am anxious as to what will happen tonight and how graphic their performance will be. Sometimes our girls go for slightly more innocent, unique routines before going into the really graphic performances for the night. I really hope Grace will have a modest performance and that Jordan hasn't really thrown her into the deep end performances yet. I don't even know how comfortable she will be on stage or what she has thought of this yet.

"Hey! You seem to be lost in thought over there are you ok?" Nate interrupted my thoughts grumbling walking over to the coffee pot to get his usual morning cup.

"Nothing, I am just kind of anxious for tonight, seeing as how our girlfriend is supposed to get up on the stage tonight." I said smirking at him. "I mean don't get me wrong I am proud that she is doing what she wants proudly without letting anyone stop her, but that doesn't mean I won't be jealous." I finished saying to him turning to face him more fully.

"Hey, I didn't say anything. I mean, I don't blame you we are just now dating we are going to have to get used to her dancing especially at our club." He said while pouring the coffee into his mug before turning around to face me crossing his arms.

"Was that it?" I asked him because he normally hides out in his room before our nights at the club. He only gets up at eight o'clock on nights when we go to run the club.

"What do you mean?" He asked me tilting his head looking at me questioning look on his face.

"You usually just come in here grab your coffee and storm back into your bedroom to hide. I mean, you only hang out with me at night. Watch sports, drink and talk at night. I know you get headaches and that's why you do that." I finished rambling. He stopped looking at me to look down at the floor.

"They are starting to get better my doctors think they found the right medication because they have been happening less and less." He said turning around to grab a bag of chips, and opened then.

"Well, that's great for you, I'm glad for you. Maybe you can start being yourself again." I smiled I was glad for him.

These headaches, he's had them since before I knew he had them for so long he just found a way to be himself the best he can through them. He's had them almost every day, they were so bad at one point he had to sit in the dark once or twice a month a few days at a time. I would always swing by drop off some soup some medicine he told me a couple times was the only kind that helped him. I would stay and we would hang out in the dark.

"Yeah, hopefully." He raised his mug getting a sip. "The only times I've ever felt like myself was at the club, with you, and Grace." He said looking to me smiling.

"I'm glad for you maybe the headaches will go away now." I stated. Maybe he should tell Grace his history with headaches and maybe we can celebrate? I know that probably doesn't mean much because to other people it doesn't mean much, but these headaches have been going on for years, if he has found a medication that helps that deserves to be celebrated.

"Yeah, maybe. You told me last night you have a meeting, I'll probably go take a nap or something. I'll probably watch a movie or play on the PlayStation. Let me know what you want to do after your meeting." He said walking towards the hallway to the right of him.

"Okay!" I yelled after him but he had already disappeared into the hallway.