Chapter 69: Grace

I went back to my room and changed clothes, I was wearing a blue sweatshirt and some white leggings. Nate and Mateo asked us why we never wore t-shirt except at home, the truth is I don't really know why I just prefer hoodies. Taylor said the same, she told me she had some money enough to half it between us. We walked to the parking garage and we all got into our car, the guy's car was still at the gas station, I guess.

"Why a rabbit?" Mateo asked from the backseat.

"We have wanted one ever since grade school." Taylor answered.

"Fair enough." Mateo mumbled.

We got to the pet store the closest one being an hour away, we were inside and they had a few rabbits. These would about the size of a small dog, they are babies right now so he'll need a cage, for about 2 years. I done lots of research and I know they need a lot of room so I bought one that was five feet long. After we walked inside and saw the supplies me and Taylor just grabbed a cart and just started putting stuff in. Nate was at the register getting a price check and Mateo was outside on a call.

"Grab a bottle?" Taylor said pointing to a row over. I nodded silently heading to go grab one to keep in the cage.

"Hello, Grace." I jumped startled I turned around and Nick was standing right behind me. I froze, accessing what I could do and what I should do.

"Hey, Nick." I answered.

"You're a pretty thing, aren't you?" He said stepping forward he reached holding my chin. I pulled my head out of his reach taking a step back. "Oh, come on, like I know you're not already giving ass to Mateo." he scoffed.

"Is that really any of your business?" I asked him silently wondering if I even should or not. Chills went down my spine, everything in me was telling me to run but I couldn't move.

"Yes, because everyone that gave him a piece always gave me one." He said snickering at me. He reached for my hand but I backed away and he sped up after to me, I ran to the end of the hall bumping into a chest.

"Ugh, Grace?" I looked up meeting eyes with Mateo, I ran around him just as Nick reached me.

"Nick!" I yelled. Mateo looked away from me meeting eyes with Nick who was smiling at Mateo.

"What the fuck do you want?" Mateo asked. "She hasn't done anything to you!" Mateo said pinning Nick to a shelf with his forearm.

I turned around ready to go find Taylor, and apparently, she was behind me filming the whole thing. Nate walked over and saw me, he walked and picked me up wrapping my legs around him.

"Did he hurt you?" he asked me. He was walking I don't know where and I didn't care. I shook my head silently answering him. I heard a door open, he sat me down on a hard surface, we had to be in a bathroom. "Hello?" he checked, and turned around locking the door making sure no one could get in.

"Mateo will take care of Nick." he said finally walking to me until he was in front of me, I spread my legs and he walked in between them. I laid my head on his chest, he ran his hands through my hair.

"I froze I just froze; I didn't want to start a fight because I didn't want him to make it out like I started it." I whispered.

"It wasn't your fault, don't ever think that." He said jerking my chin to make eye contact with him. I wanted to ask him about what he said but I didn't know if I should or not.

After a little while, Mateo came back and knocked on the door, we let him in and he said Nick got away after the police made him let Nick go. He tried running after him but the police held him back and let him off with a warning, he said they were useless. He said that the owner gave us everything we had in our cart for free, and told us to leave, and that he helped Taylor load it up. I hopped down off the counter following them out, we walked out but Mateo started walking to a phone store beside us.

"Where are we going?" Nate asked. I was wondering the same.

"He tracked you off of Taylor's phone." Mateo mumbled.

"Damn it." I uttered, was he going to be turning my whole life upside down? Just as Blake did? We walked into the store and I heard Taylor arguing with the attendant.

"Somebody just tracked me down to get to my best friend, I don't care if my phone works, I want a new phone and new number!" She said and the attendant just started shaking his head at her. I walked up to the counter meeting eyes with him.

"Look, she is going to keep the phone as a decoy to through him off, she just needs another phone and another number." I said trying to be nicer so maybe he would comply. A woman walked up behind him.

"Fuck off." She said to him he immediately laughed slightly and walked away. "He's a dick, what do you need?" She said, her hair was purple and she was wearing the store uniform which was purple, it complimented her hair nicely.

"I like your hair." I complimented and it was a real one, I really liked it and she obviously loved it.

"Thank you!" she immediately thanked.

After we explained what we needed she immediately set us up with a new phone and Nate put it in his name on the paperwork because we thought Nick wouldn't think anything of it. Taylor got the exact phone she had and a similar case, the girl was nice the whole way through and even said she went through the same a while back.