Chapter 60: Mateo

After Taylor and Grace played two rounds, we joined in and Nate was getting very frustrated that they were actually beating him. I made the suggestion to turn the game off before Nate got too mad. We had been playing for 4 hours, it was now five-thirty. We were making our way back to our living room, Taylor wanted to have a tour. I never thought I would have company over but I guess today was different, unusually I didn't mind having Taylor over, she was funny, kind, not that I would ever tell her that. Grace told me Christi cancelled their dinner and said she had an emergency.

"Why weren't you competitive? I always took you as that type." Taylor said elbowing me to get my attention. We were sitting on the couch again; Nate was in the chair and Grace was on the other side of Taylor. I got here first letting Grace show her around.

"Give me a business deal, then I might care, video games, nah." I answered her honestly. She turned to Grace, who was arching a brow at her.

"Figures." Taylor said simply.

"What does that mean?" Nate asked.

"All work no play." Taylor said rolling her eyes. She looked to Grace, "Alright, maybe a little play." She sighed out, making Grace laugh.

Taylor reached down into one of her bags and brought out a bag of chips. She had already pulled out multiple bags in the screening room while we were playing. They were cheese puffs, Grace said that she thought they were nasty.

"How many do you have in there?" Grace asked, reaching down to reach for the bag, but Taylor slapped her hand away.

"Don't judge me. Let me worry about my stuff you worry about yours; you don't like these anyway." Taylor said munching away on another Cheeto.

"I'm going home with you right?" Grace asked. Taylor turned around looking at her like she was insane.

"I don't have to dance tonight, the T-" she cut herself off, I wasn't entirely sure what she was going to say but then she continued. "These two here don't have to go in tonight. I can go in whenever or not at all I am a sub tonight."

"What made you a sub tonight?" Nate asked her, looking entirely confused.

"One of the other girls called me and told me they had a friend whose club shut down in their hometown and asked if they could pick up a shift at our club. It's Jesse, remember? She's danced at Vivid before." She explained.

"Oh, yeah I think I remember her." Nate answered.

"We can go when you get ready." Taylor turned to Grace saying.

Grace agreed saying she didn't want them to be a bother to us, and she was tired. Taylor thanked us for the hospitality and said she would like to do it again sometime. I didn't mind her coming over, she was pretty nice the girls at our club always talked very highly of her, of course I was eavesdropping mostly. She's the only one that's been there the longest, beside Jordan and Chelsea, the others have quit and come back or weaned off becoming subs more often, or full time. I walked back to my room Christi assured us we should have a day off so I am going to go sleep.