Chapter 116: Mateo

I know Dr. Perez told us it was nothing to worry about and she caught it early but my heart is racing. She told me she loved me, told us she loved us. Maybe she in shock maybe she didn't mean it did she? She is pregnant and one of us is the father, it's not like she was fucking anybody else. I love her, so fucking much when I heard that Nick was in the club, I wanted to find him, but I never planned what I was going to do. Was I going to kill him? What good would beating him up have done? He almost raped her, he touched her. I gagged; Nate grabbed my hand.

"He almost." I trailed off. He nodded.

"I know." He said silently.

"Nate." I gasped and he turned looking at me. "What if he?" I rasped I started breathing heavier and he set a hand on my shoulder.

"He didn't. Mateo, he didn't." He urged. "Breathe, you have to breathe." He said and I couldn't breathe, I couldn't. I felt lips on mine, I opened my eyes seeing Nate and he deepened the kiss I calmed down, relaxing into the kiss. I felt his tongue against mine and my cock hardened I groaned, he pulled away. "Sorry." He whispered and I scoffed.

"It helped." I said and he smirked. Thank God we were the only ones in the room Taylor walked out to go sit with Christi since they wouldn't let her stay back here.

"Grace, she is going to be okay, you heard her herself. We have to let her tell us when to panic." He said and I nodded. "I love her, I will do anything for her, if she wants to come home with us, I hope you understand I am not leaving her side." He said making me chuckle. I felt the same way I don't want to leave her side; I wouldn't dream of it at this point.

"You read my mind." I agreed and he smiled. I thought about the way she flinched away from me. "I want to be able to touch her." I whispered and he grabbed my hand.

"We have to give her time." He whispered, I nodded. I understand, I will give her time. Doesn't make me feel any better about touching her. "Mateo, I feel like my insides are running faster than I'm breathing." Nate rasped and I looked over at him. He was trembling and tense.

"Give me everything you're feeling. Get your mind off it." I said he grabbed the back of my head kissing me. He got up standing over me, as he kissed me, I let him dominate the kiss giving me everything he was feeling, I didn't mean a kiss but if this will help him there's no question. He pulled away making me gasp.

"I'm sorry, you probably didn't mean that." He started pacing and I gave him my full attention. "He almost..." He trailed off wiping a hand over his face. "What am I supposed to do?" He asked and I looked down thinking the same thing. What do we do? I mean of course we give her time but do we treat her different? Do we go on like nothing happened? Maybe it would be best to just let her tell us what she needs from us.

"Nate, I think we should just wait for her to come out, we let her tell us what she needs from us." I answered and he nodded sitting back down. He laid his head on my shoulder and I smiled, this actually feels kind of nice.

"I just want her to be all right the doctor didn't sound to promising." He whispered and I nodded remembering when Dr. Perez first said she had an ectopic pregnancy. "Well not the doctor the prognosis." He said and I hummed my agreement.

I sat there for I don't know how long thinking about what must've gone through, being pinned to the floor, him forcing himself on her and her not being able defend herself. The door clicked open and she was rolled out into the room awake. Perez walked to us as the intern was settling her.

"She was great the surgery went great she will be sore for a couple of weeks, upon her request no males were in the room. I also brought some pamphlets for some counselors." She put them on the table then pulled a stool from beside the bed and sat down on it in front of me and Nate. "She's woozy, listen this counselor, is great I went to her, she's not some quack that puts things in your head, she really helps and lets you take things at your own pace. The best thing you can do for her is listen, and try to understand, but never ever, talk to her like you do." She whispered and we both nodded.

"Samantha, should I monitor her?" Her intern walked beside her.

"Yes, please." She answered and her intern walked out. "I know this probably something you don't care to know but I was assaulted..." She trailed off in a cough. "I had a boyfriend at the time he always said he understood but he didn't understand what I needed, I guess he was trying to be there for me but he would always talk to me like it happened to him too." She whispered.

"Listen, Samantha, we can't understand what she went through, I can understand she may need time and I understand she may need certain things; it will take time for her to get better we fully understand that." I leaned forward and she nodded with a smile.

"That's exactly what she needs, sorry if I made this too personal just, I talked to her in recovery with all due respect, I will kill you if you hurt her. By the way according to Taylor she skipped a couple birth control pills." She said making me chuckle. She stood up and went to Grace's bed. "Grace, you're looking good recovery time is four to six weeks." Samantha smiled she turned to us with a smile and walked out.

"Grace, baby." I stood up and sat beside her bed. She looked over at me and gave me a small smile. "How are you feeling?" I asked and she nodded.

"Not hurting that much." She said and I slowly grabbed her hand relaxing when she let me. "I want to sleep." She whispered and I smiled.

"Sleep, Angel." I said I laid my head down on the edge of the bed, I kissed her hand and I felt Nate sit down beside me. She smiled down at me and closed her eyes.

I closed my eyes and I thought of her being beside me, alive, breathing. I only thought of those thoughts and her with our baby walking around the house with a swollen stomach, then baby. I slowly drifted off to sleep consumed with those thoughts.