Chapter 110: Grace

I was chilling during practice it was just me, Taylor, and a few other girls. I think they are a little wary of me, that's understandable these girls don't know me as well, as Chelsea, Jordan, and Taylor.

"You get paid during private shows." Jordan and Taylor walked up to me and I arched a brow.

"Ok, I figured that why are we talking about it?" I asked and they arched a brow.

"What do you mean why are we talking about it?" Taylor asked and I held out my hands. "Do you want to do it?" She asked and I shook my head immediately.

"It's not that bad, okay there are more bouncers up there they monitor things. You could make more money to yourself." She said and I arched a brow.

"I do it occasionally, but I like being with the girls." Taylor gestured to them and I shook my head again. "You have to show some skin." She said and I arched a brow, my mouth dropping.

"What are you talking about?" I asked.

"In order to get bigger pay you need to show more skin." She said and I nodded.

"Listen, I have been thinking about getting a part time job, I really just want to dance here. It doesn't matter about the money." I said and she nodded.

"Understood just asking." Taylor said and Jordan walked away. "I only put on pasties sometimes so I get bigger tips on solos. It's understandable." She said and I nodded.

"I was going to ask. Can I do only group dances, trios and such?" I asked and she nodded.

"Yes, I can tell Jordan for you." She walked over to Jordan who turned holding up a thumb.

"We have other girls that do the same, your good girl." She said and I walked to the table in the front picking up my phone. They said we were done until tonight so I walked up the stairs, up to see Nate and Mateo.

"What'd you do?" Mateo asked and I shook my head.

"I don't like the whole take everything off, I thought I would but I don't. Group dances, trio, duets, things only like that for me." I said and he nodded. "I have also been thinking about getting a part time job." I chimed.

"Don't stress yourself over everything baby." Nate said and I shook my head.

"Not an internship or anything like that, I have the experience to be a secretary, I guess." I said and I sat down beside Mateo. He put his arm around me and sighed.

"Do you want to get an internship?" He asked and I immediately shook my head.

"No, to much stress I am taking classes to finish my degree but I am done with accounting one Montana was enough for a lifetime." I said and I looked at him looking at me like I was insane. "Montana was my old boss, a real bitch." I said and he chuckled.

"How so?" He asked.

"She would pile everything onto other workers, no one liked her so since we were interns before they hired me, the accountants would hand it to us for 'grunt work' they called it. She would pile everything onto the rest and go on trips to Maui and shit, but we could never have time off. I told you I was fired." I said and he nodded.

"What for?" He asked and I scoffed.

"She scheduled another trip to Maui so I mouthed off." I whispered and he laughed. "Well, she made a whole meeting about how we would need to work more, but her assistant let it slip it was for a month-long trip to Maui." I waved it off, I heard Nate laugh beside Mateo.

"I can see that." That confuses me, he sighed. "I can see you mouthing off about that, I mean." He said and I smirked. I felt a sharp pain run through me and I bent over.

"What the fuck?" I sat up real quick taking a deep breath.

"You're not dancing." Mateo said and I arched a brow at him.

"I'll be fine." I said and another stab went through me, I grunted. I put a hand over my stomach.

"I hope you are not having sex up there!" I heard someone yell and I smiled. Nate stood up shaking his head.

"She isn't dancing." Nate said and I felt guilt run through me. I heard someone running then Taylor was up here just as I kneel down my cramp getting worse.

"Okay you're not dancing." She rasped; she ran back downstairs before I could say a word.

"I can." I said I looked at Mateo who shook his head.

"Nope you're not." He said he wrapped his arms around me, picking me up. I gasped feeling the pain get worse.

"Okay, I can walk-oh!" I let out and he shook his head, he carried me to his office sitting me on the couch. Nate walked over while he folded down the bed.

"Hey, Angel. What can I do?" He asked and I smiled.

"I'm- okay I'm not fine, but I don't want anything but you." I said and he smiled. He picked me up sitting me down on the bed, I suppressed the urge to roll my eyes. "I'm not fragile." I quipped and they chuckled.

"We know." They both said, the bed dipped as they laid beside me. I curled up in a ball feeling the cramp in me, Mateo held out a pill and some water, I didn't recognize the pill.

"This may make you go to sleep." He said and I arched a brow. "Aspirin for some reason they make me tired sometimes. I'm not sure why." He said and I nodded. I trust him, he wouldn't roofie me or anything, I took it.

"I'm not tired." I said and Mateo smirked at me.

"Can we ask you questions about yourself?" He asked and I nodded.

"As long as I can ask you questions." He nodded, I turned over seeing Nate nod.

"How was your childhood?" Nate asked and I scoffed.

"My mother was a drunk, when she was drunk, she would say she was 'remembering'. My dad treasured me but never stayed around, long enough to know me." I said and I looked at them seeing pitiful glances. "Hey, you asked, no I don't dwell on it. There was some good, this kid named Jake, my babysitter, Nellie." I said and they smirked.

"What was she remembering?" Mateo asked and I shook my head.

"Something about a demon taking something away from her, it was a bunch of gibberish. When I was like twelve, I stopped paying attention." I rubbed a hand over my face, before I smiled. "How your childhood?" I looked at both of them, they both sighed.

"My mother had cancer, for eight years the first time, she found out when I was five, my dad basically took care her. I had to grow up fast, very fast. When I was thirteen was found out she was in remission, that lasted until I was sixteen and it came back again but twice as hard and killed her." Nate said and I saw tears well up in his eyes. "Everyday I would convince myself to get lost in whatever I was doing when I wasn't with her, so I did with Mateo when I met him but before that, I got lost in sports, whatever I could get my hands on. There weren't many kids around because I was the one with the sick mother." He shrugged.

"When I was growing up my father was a lawyer, I grew up with a trust fund, I did not fit in with my family. I didn't like the idea of having so much money you could wipe your ass with it." Mateo joked making me smile. "My father had his own office he wanted to give it to me when I got old enough and got out of school, but I didn't want that, I took business classes and opened Vivid with Nate and Nick. My mother ran out on us from what I can understand when I was six months, not sure why don't really care. My dad doesn't talk to me anymore because I am the bastard son who didn't want life on a silver platter." Mateo shrugged; my heart fell like breaking feeling bad for the way they grew up. I forced my face to go neutral considering that I told them to do the same. I liked doing this, talking, I like getting to know them, I feel bad for not asking these things before.