please dont leave me.. again

Nick leans in, about to kiss me when I see something in the corner of my eye.. or someone. I stop. "What?" He asks. I pull away quickly, walking away from him. "Meredith?" Nick says. I walk over to the guy, putting my hand on his arm. He turns around. I gasp quietly. "Meredith?" Derek says. "What the hell?" I say. He looks around. I think hes seeing if anyone is watching. He grabs my arm, gently pulling me to an empty wall. Nobody can see us. "Derek" I say. "Hi" he says. "Hi? Fucking hi? What the fuck" I say. "I can explain" he says. "You're alive?" I say. "Yes" he says. "You've been alive all this time?" I say. "Yes" he says. Tears are now streaming down my cheeks. "Hey dont cry" he says softly. He wipes my tears with his thumbs. I look him in the eyes. I stop crying. "Fucking explain then" I say. "I-" he stops. I turn around and Nick's stood there. Well.. fuck. "Meredith?" He says. "Who's that?" Derek whispers. "Its the guy I've been seeing.. you know, because I thought you were dead" I say annoyed. "I can explain meredith please" he says. "Give me a second" I say. I walk over to nick. "Listen I.."  I stop as he puts his hands on my cheeks, looking at me. "Are you okay? You've been crying.. what happened?" He asks. "Nick" I put my hands on his, taking them away from my face "the guy over there" I turn around. "What?" He asks. "Where did he go?" I say. "Who?" He asks. I run round the corner of the wall. I see him leaning against it. "Derek" I walk over to him "don't do that.. you just disappeared.. you scared me" I say. "I'm sorry" he says. "Please can you just stay next to me.. for two seconds I just need to know-" I say. "Yes I'm sorry I didnt mean to scare you.. I'm not going to leave.. I just dont like seeing you with other guys" he says. I sigh. "I'm just going to tell nick that-" I stop "what shall I tell him?" I ask. "Meredith I reallyyyy dont want to help you talk to your boyfriend" he says. "Hes not my boyfriend.. and yes.. you are going to help me" I say. "So you're single" he smirks. I giggle. "Derek.. shut up" i say. How does he still find a way to make me laugh, even in these kind of situations. I grab his arm softly. He pulls back gently, intwining our fingers instead. I try to hide the huge grin that's forming on my face. I pull him along to the other side of the wall, where nick is.

I hide our hands behind my back, so he wont think anything of it. "Nick this is derek" I say. "Derek..?" he says confused. "Derek shepherd.. husband.. dead" I say. "What?" He says. "Exactly" I say. "Oh wow" he says. "..yeah.. I just saw him here so.." i say. "That's why you pulled away" he says. I feel Derek's hand squeeze mine, not hard enough to hurt me. Hes jealous. "..before you kissed me.. sorry" I finish his sentence. He stops squeezing. Nick looks at derek and then back at me quickly. "Yeah.." he says. "Can I um.. call you later maybe? We just- I need to-" I say. "Yes of course" he says. "Thanks" I say. "Just- tell me if you need anything okay?" He says. "Okay" I say. "Bye" he walks away. I let out a breath, turning to derek. "I'm really annoyed at you" I let go of his hand. "Why?" He says. I give him a look. "Let me explain" he says. "Explain how you've been alive all these years and never even been bothered to fucking tell me!?" I shout. I hit him on the arm, hard. "Meredith" he says. "Dont fucking 'meredith" me" I hit him repeatedly on the chest. He grabs my arms, stopping me. I struggle for a bit before he looks into my eyes. I stop and start crying. "How could you do that to me?" Tears stream down my cheeks "do you even understand how painful it was losing you" I say emotionally. "Meredith I'm really really sorry but I really need you to keep your voice down" he says. I turn around, walking away, angry. "Meredith" he walks after me. "Just leave me alone" I say. He grabs my arm. "Get off of me" I say. He pushes me up against the wall, grabbing my other arm so I cant hit him. "Derek Get off of me" I try and pull away. "Meredith" he says. I close my eyes, tears running down my face. I open them. "Please mer I need you to be quiet.. I'll explain everything I just really need you to listen.. come with me" he says. He pulls away. He holds out his hand. I look at him for a second. "Please" He smiles small. I take his hand. We walk to the end of the wall. He slowly pulls his hand away. He takes off his jacket. "Put this on" he says. I put on the jacket. He zips it up for me, putting the hood up. He takes my hand again. "Keep your head down" he says. We walk to a car. He opens the back seat. I climb in. He climbs in after me. The windows are blacked out. He reaches over, putting the hood back down. I smile as he pulls my hair out of the jacket for me. I shake back Into reality. "They threatened you" he says, pulling his hands back away from me. "What?" I say. "The people I was working for.. before.. they threatened you.. they said that if I didnt fake my death so I could continue working for them without any distractions then they would find you and.." he trails off. "What?" I say tearfully. "I'm so sorry meredith" he says. "Why didnt you tell me?" I say. "I couldnt put you in danger.. you know that" he says. "But.. you gave up.. your entire life.. for me?" I say. "You are my entire life" he says. I start crying again. "You're my entire life.. and I lost you" I say. "Mer" he says. "You have to go back dont you?" I say. "..yes" he says. "No derek please..please dont leave me again I can't- please" I cry. I move over to him, wrapping my arms loosely around his neck, looking at him. "I dont want to.. I would do anything to stay with you.. but I'm not putting you at risk" he says. "Derek I can't lose you again.. I can't" I say. He looks at me sadly. "I've got about half an hour until someone comes looking for me" he whispers. A tear rolls down his own cheek. "Kiss me" I whisper. He leans in closer to me, our lips millimetres away from eachothers. We're still looking into eachothers eyes. I close my eyes, more tears falling down as I fill the gap between us, kissing him passionately. We finally pull away for air. I start sobbing uncontrollably. He wraps his arms around me, pulling me into his embrace. "Dont leave me.. please dont leave me again" I sob. I wrap my arms around his waist. I push my face into his chest, crying into it. "I won't" he whispers "I'm not going to leave you" he says. I pull away slowly. "You're not?" I say. "No" tears roll down his cheeks "I cant leave you" he whispers. "Promise?" I say tearfully. "I promise.. I'm never going to leave you again" he says. "Yeah?" I say, hopeful. "Yeah" he says. He pulls me onto his lap so I'm straddling his thighs. He wraps his arms around me, hugging me tight. "We'll figure it out" he says. "Together" I say. "Together" he says. I kiss him passionately.

1335 words