teen parents

I'm sobbing into his shoulder. "Baby it'll be okay" he says. "I don't want you to break up with me" I sob. "Wh- why would I break up with you?" He says. "Because I'm pregnant.. if you stay with me then- then you'll be a dad" I say.

"I'm not leaving my child meredith.. or my girlfriend" he says. I pull away from him slowly, looking into his eyes. "This is your choice.. what do you want to do? I'm here for you either way" he says. "You won't break up with me?" I say. He shakes his head. "I love you" he kisses me softly.

"I need to talk to my parents" I say. "Me too" he says. "You wanna tell them together?" I say. "Oh I'm not doing it alone" he chuckles. I giggle. "I'm sorry derek" I say. "Its not your fault mer.. don't apologise.." he says. I look into his eyes. "I love you" I say. "I love you" he says. I kiss him softly.

2 days later:
"Meredith.. what is this about?" Ellis says. "I-" I freeze, not knowing what to say. We're all in the living room. His mom, my mom, his dad and my dad are all sat on the couch and me and derek are stood infront of them at Derek's house.

"Der" I tug on his hand. "I'm not saying it" he whispers. "I can't" I whisper. "Well-" he says. "Meredith!" Ellis interrupts us. "I'm pregnant" I splurt out. "What?" Everyone says. "Yeah" I whisper. I look at my parents. "Mom?" I say.

My dad stands up. I stand infront of derek, just Incase. He just gives us both a look before he walks outside. I sigh.

"Mom" I say. "How could you be so irresponsible?" She says. "I'm sorry" I say. "God meredith" she says.

"I'm not stupid we used protection it just didn't.. work" I say. She stands up. "I'll take you to the clinic" she says. "Wh- no" I say. "What?" She says. "I- I don't know what I want to do yet" i say.

"Are you kidding me? You're 15.. you're a child yourself.. you're not having a baby" she says. "I'm not a child.. and it's my decision" I say. "You want to keep it?" She says. I look at derek. "We are gonna talk about it" I say. "Oh you are?" She chuckles. I look at her.

"You're not basing your future on a relationship that's going to last 5 seconds" she says. "We've been together 2 years.. since I was 13" I say. She scoffs. "Mom" I say.

"We're leaving" she says. "No I need to talk to Mr and Mrs shepherd" I say. "Meredith" she says. "Mom" I say. "Get In the car" she says. "No" I say. "You're going to that clinic" she says. "Not until I've thought about it" I say. She just walks away. I sigh.

I look at Mr and Mrs shepherd. I stand closer to derek, holding his hand, kinda hiding behind him. They stand up, walking over to us.

"Honey.. come here" mrs shepherd says. I walk closer to her. She hugs me. I take a breath, hugging her back. "Its gonna be okay.. we'll help you both.. no matter what, okay? If you want to have this baby.. we will help you through it.. and if you don't then that's okay too" she says. "Thankyou" I whisper.

Mrs and Mr shepherd have always been supportive of mine and Derek's relationship, which I'm really thankful for.. unlike my parents.

I pull away slowly. Derek's talking to his dad. They both tell us that they'll stick by us and even offered for me to stay here if I need. Me and derek walk upstairs to talk.

We sit on his bed. "So.." I say. "So.." he says. "What do you think?" I ask. "What do you think?" He asks. "Derek" I say.

"I- meredith I think starting a family with you.. even this young would be amazing.. but if you don't want that then we could always wait until we're older.. I want to be with you either way" he says. "I think having a baby with you would be amazing too" I say.

"So.." he says. "So.. I- I want to keep it" I whisper. "Yeah?" He whispers. "Yeah" I smile. We both smile, hugging eachother tight. We pull away slowly. I kiss him passionately. I guide my tongue into his mouth. I run my fingers through his hair as our tongues dance.