heart of candles

"Where are we going?" I ask. "You'll see" Nathan says. "Wait this-" I look at the surroundings outside the car. "Are we at my old house?" I ask. "Yes" he says. "Why are we here? I don't wanna-" I say. I can't be here right now. I can't take another guy on Derek's land. "Its okay meredith" he says. He parks outside the dream house.

"This isn't even my house anymore" I say. "You and I both know that you didn't really sell this house" he says. "Well I don't wanna be here" I say. "Get out of the car" he says softly. "Why are we here Nathan?" I ask. He gets out of the car, going around to my side and opening my door. I get out hesitantly. "Come on" he says. I shake my head. "Come on" he holds my hand. We walk around the house. I gasp as I see a trail of candles. I look at it and it's an outline. It's shaped as a heart.

"Wha-" I say confused. "Look" he says. He let's go of my hand. I see a figure coming out of the trees. I gasp. "Go" riggs smiles. My heart is pounding in my chest. He stands in the middle of the heart of candles.  "Derek!" I run over to him. "Hi mer" he chuckles as I jump into his arms. He picks me up, spinning me around. I wrap my legs around his waist. He holds me close.

"I- How- what?" I say "You're alive" I say. He nods. "I missed you so much" he says. "I missed you too... how-" I say. Tears are now running down my cheeks. "The- the day that I went to resign.. the president told me that I had to finish the job otherwise I would never be able to see you again.. he said he'd lock me in prison and throw away the key.. he faked my death and-" tears run down his own cheeks. "Oh" tears stream down my face. "Does- does amelia and everyone know?" I ask. "Yes.. I told them yesterday.. I wanted it to be special when I saw you" he says.

"I can't believe you're alive" I wrap my arms tightly around him, snuggling into his neck. I cry into his shoulder. He rubs my back gently. I look over and riggs car is gone. I smile small.

I pull away from him slowly. I look at him. I put my hands on his cheeks, kissing him deeply. More tears run down my cheeks as he kisses me back passionately. I wrap my arms around his neck, pulling away slowly. "I haven't been this happy in a long time" I whisper. "Me either" he whispers. "I love you derek" I say. "I love you too mer.. so much" he kisses me again softly. More tears run down my cheeks. "What?" He whispers. "I never thought I'd hear you say that to me again" I whisper. I kiss him again deeply.

"You wanna go inside?" He asks. I nod. He puts me down. I hold his hand as we walk to the door. I look at him as he unlocks the door. "You okay?" He whispers. "I haven't been here since-" I say. "I'm glad you didn't sell it" he whispers. "Me too.. I was going to but.. I just couldn't.. its your land" I smile small. "Our land" he whispers. "Our land" I smile.

My smile slowly disappears. "What?" He strokes my cheek with his hand gently. "Are we still married?" I ask. "Do you wanna be?" He whispers. I look into his eyes. "Oh" he whispers, pulling his hand away slowly. "No.. no I'm sorry I do.. of course I do.." I put my hands on his cheeks, kissing him softly. He let's out a breath. I smile. "I was just thinking.." I put my hands on his waist "I um.. the kids always ask about you and I tell them about the post it.. and I show it to them but-" I say. "They hate it" he chuckles. "Yes" we both laugh. "I want to marry you again.. a real wedding" I say. "Meredith grey.. are you asking me to marry you?" He grins. I giggle. "Yes.. I am" I grin. "Mmmm.." he pretends to think "I guess" he grins. "Such a romantic" I roll my eyes, giggling. "I would love to marry you.. again" he kisses me softly. "And For the record.. I am a romantic.. which was something you.. used to hate" he grins. "I did not used to hate it" I say "I loved your.. lovey-dovey side" I grin. "You have a lovey-dovey side.. you made the house of candles, remember" he grins, pulling me closer. "I only did that for you.. I would never do that-" I say. "For your new boyfriend?" He says. My eyes go wide and I look away from him. "I um-" I clear my throat "hes not my boyfriend" I say. "So.. you're single?" he smirks. "Shut up" I giggle "and no actually.. I'm married" I say. I smile brightly. "What?" He whispers. "I've just not said that in so long" I whisper. He kisses me softly.