secret

Ellen and Patrick had been dating for 5 years now. They are currently filming season 6. The cast knows that they are together but the fans are still thinking that they are just friends, and they want to keep it that way.

"Hey Paddy." Ellen said as she stepped into the trailer. "Hey you." He smiled, went over to her and wrapped his arms around her waist as she wrapped her arms around his neck. "I missed you this morning." Patrick whispered between kisses. Ellen slightly slapped his arm after she pulled away. "You wanted to sleep in the trailer while I was home alone." She pouted. "What did you do anyway here? Invited your other girlfriend over?" Ellen joked. "I did." Patrick whispered as he leaned in hovering over her lips. "But she's not as hot, beautiful and sexy as you are." Patrick added before kissing Ellen gently. "You are an ass." She giggled. "You love my ass." He laughed as he grabbed her hand and intertwined their fingers. "We have to go filming babe." Patrick groaned. "C'mon show-husband we need to film." Ellen smiled as she saw his eyes lit up as she said husband. She knew that she wanted to spend the rest of her life with him and she hoped that he's going to propose soon but even if not, she was happy to be with him. As they stepped out of the trailer they let go of each other's hand because today there were a lot of paparazzis there.

...

A few days later currently filming the half season finale of season 6

"Hey, where's Paddy?" Ellen asked Justin as she entered the break room. "I have no idea El. I'm sorry." He replied, Ellen sighed. "He was supposed to meet me for lunch." She was disappointed, normally Patrick and her always ate lunch but in the last few days Patrick always left and nobody knew where he was. "I will just go to my trailer then." She said and left the room. What she didn't know was that Justin knew where Patrick was.

Ellen entered the trailer and saw that he wasn't in the trailer as well. She teared up, dropped her back and laid down in the bed. "I hope he doesn't want to break up with me." She whispered as some tears ran down her cheeks, she closed her eyes and fell asleep.

"Ellie." Patrick whispered as he gently kissed her forehead and pulled the strains out of her face. "Wake up baby." He whispered again this time Ellen opened her eyes. "Hey baby." He smiled and kissed her lips. "Hey." She mumbled and turned around, not wanting to face him. "Ellen baby please." He begged. "Are you going to break up with me?" Ellen asked tearfully. "What no of course not. Why would you think that?" Patrick whispered. "You are avoiding me, you are not eating Lunch with me, you keep missing dates which you are setting up." Ellen whispered. Patrick sighed. "I'm sorry. Come with me." He then said. "What?" Ellen asked as she turned around to face him. "I need to show you something, come with me please." Patrick begged, Ellen sighed but agreed. Together they left the trailer and went to the waterfall which was in the forest right next to the trailers. "Normally I wanted to wait until our anniversary, but I don't want you to feel left out anymore." Patrick whispered as he let go of her hands. "Ellen, 5 years ago we kissed right here for the first time. You have been my best friend for 6 years and my girlfriend for 5. You are the light of my life, my best friend, my reason to keep going and my person. With that.." He said as he went down on one knee and pulled out a beautiful ring. "I want to spend the rest of my life with you Ellen Kathleen Pompeo. Will you make me the happiest man alive and marry me?" Patrick asked with tears in his eyes. "Yes, yes I will marry you." She replied while she was crying before he slid the ring on her finger and pulled her into a passionate kiss. "We still are keeping it a secret right?" Ellen asked after they pulled away. "Yes, it's funny to do that." He laughed. "I ruined your plan. I'm so sorry Paddy." Ellen gasped. "I think it would have been too cheesy anyway and I liked this much more." He chuckled. "I love you." Ellen whispered and hugged him tightly. "I love you even more."

...

To hide their engagement was more difficult than they thought. They couldn't really go on dates because of the paparazzis. But that was okay for both of them, the wedding was set in the summer break. Today they were filming the finale of season 6. Patrick noticed that something was wrong with Ellen but he couldn't really talk to her, because the whole day was planned only with small breaks, but they didn't have them together. When they were finally finished he searched for Ellen, but he couldn't find her at first. He then looked in their trailer, curled up in bed crying. Patrick rushed over to her and scooped her up. "Shh, everything will be okay." Patrick whispered, he rubbed her back smoothing and sat down on the bed. "Everything will be okay, I promise you that. Whatever it is, we will go through it together. I love you." he said over and over again. After a few minutes Ellen finally calmed down. "What's wrong Ellie?" "You know the scene I filmed with Sarah and Kevin, where Meredith had a miscarriage?" Ellen asked as tears welled up once again. "Yeah?" Patrick was confused; he had no idea what was going on. "I can't go through that, not with our baby." Ellen whispered. Then he finally realized, his eyes went wide in surprise. "Are you pregnant?" Patrick asked with a big smile on his face. "I am." She smiled as well. Patrick stood up, she was still in his arms, and he swirled her around. "We are going to be parents." Patrick whispered as he sat her down. "We are going to be parents." Ellen repeated. "I'm so happy and I will protect you and little one with my own life." Patrick assured her. "You are so perfect, you will make a perfect Dad." "And you will make an even better mom." He replied as he gently stroked her stomach. "What are we going to do about the talk shows you are on tomorrow and thursday?" Patrick asked gently. "I will not tell Ellen Degenderes that I'm pregnant or that we are engaged but I would like to tell Jimmy since we are friends, if that's okay for you." She answered. "That's okay for me. You have Ellen tomorrow and Jimmy Thursday right?" Patrick asked. Ellen nodded and cuddled into Patricks chest. "Should I wear my ring to the shows?" Ellen asked quietly as they laid in bed together. "You can, if you want to, but we are only telling Jimmy that we are engaged, not Ellen Degenderes." Patrick whispered as he ran his fingers through her hair. Ellen nodded sleepily, she was already half asleep.