his dad pt2

I'm sat in the break room talking to izzie and cristina when derek walks in. I look at him. I gasp. He has a massive bruise under his eye and his lip is bust open.

He's stood with his friends. I get up, walking over to him. "What happened?" I put my hands on his neck gently, looking at him. He looks into my eyes.

I look at his friends who are looking at us. I hold his hand, pulling him out of the room. "Did your dad do this?" I gently run my finger over his bust lip. "I dropped a plate on the floor" he whispers.

"Derek" I whisper. "I know" he looks down. "He can't treat you like that" I say. Everyone else is in class right now so we're the only ones in the hallway.

"Derek" we hear. I see him tense up. I look as I see his dad walking towards us. "No.. mer.. meredith" he whispers as I walk towards him. "Meredith" Christopher says. I push him hard. He stumbles back slightly.

"What the hell is your problem?" I say. "My problem?" He chuckles ironically. I kick his leg hard. "I wouldn't do that again if I were you" he says. "Its not nice, is it?" I say.

"Meredith" Derek walks over to me. "What have you been saying to your girlfriend, derek?" He steps towards derek. Derek steps back. I stomp the heel of my shoe onto his foot hard. He gasps in pain.

He steps towards me. "I hurt my son.. why would you think I wouldn't hurt you too?" He threats. "Are you that stupid?" I say. His eyes go dark.

"Meredith.. stop" Derek whispers, grabbing my arm softly. He pulls me away from him. "No" I go to charge towards him. Derek wraps his arms around my waist, holding me back.

Derek groans, picking me up. He carries me to the end of the hallway as I try to escape his arms. He puts me down. I try to charge towards him again.

"Mer" Derek puts his hands on my shoulders. "You're gonna get me into trouble" he whispers so only I can hear. I look into his eyes. "I want to hurt him.. like he hurt you" I whisper. "I know you do" he says.

"Derek" Christopher says. "You should go mer" he says. "No.. no way" I shake my head. "Please, baby" he whispers. I look into his eyes.

"If he even touches you I'll-" I say. "Please" He kisses my lips softly. I sigh, walking to the toilets. I pace around the toilets as I wait for a bit.

I walk back out. I gasp quietly as I see derek punching Christopher repeatedly in the face. "Derek" I say. He keeps punching him hard.

"Derek.. baby.. der" I try to get his attention. He stops. Christopher falls to the floor. Derek walks over to me, holding my hand. We walk out quickly. We get in his car outside.

He drives away quickly. I look at him. We stop at a near mcdonalds carpark. "What the hell happened?" I put my hands on his cheeks.

"I- he.. he started talking shit about you and I just lost it" he whispers. I sigh. "Are you okay?" I rest my forehead against his. "Yeah.. I'm- I'm okay.. I guess" he whispers. We both close our eyes.

I kiss him softly a few times. "How did you do that?" I ask, pulling away. "I- i started working out.. to defend myself.. I didn't because I didn't want to get kicked out but.." he sighs.

"You can stay with me" I say. He shakes his head. "You know I can't.. your mom would never agree to that.. and even if she did, its.. I need a permanent place" he says.

"Where?" I ask. "My mom's" he says. "Your mom lives in DC.." I say. "Yeah" he says. "No!" I say. "I know.." he sighs. "No, we- you can't be that far away from me" I say tearfully.

"We- we can be long distance" he says. "No, we can't" I say. "Mer" he says. "No.. you'll- what if you find someone else in DC?" I say. "That's obviously not going to happen" he says.