cancelled

MEREDITH'S POV:
check and there's 5 minutes left on the oven. I pick up my phone and call derek. "Hi honey" he says. "Hi.. are you almost home baby?" I ask. He sighs. "I'm so so sorry.. I forgot to call you" he says. "What?" I say.

"I need to work" he says. "What?" I say. "I'm really sorry" he says. I hang up, not even saying anything else to him. He rings me like 20 times but I ignore it everytime.

DEREK'S POV:
I walk into the house about an hour and a half later. I sigh as I see meredith in the kitchen, doing the dishes.

I close the door behind me, walking over to her. "Hi" I say. "Hi" she doesn't look at me, her hair mostly covering her face. "Honey I'm so sorry.. my boss wouldn't let me leave until I got the papers finished.. I tried to do them as fast as I could" I say.

She doesn't say anything. "Mer" I whisper. She starts scrubbing the dishes harder. "Meredith.. say something.. please" I say. "Five" she says. "What?" I say.

"Five dates you've cancelled on me.. I get you have work but today is our anniversary.. Five years and you don't even show up" she slams the plates down in the sink, finally looking at me. Tears are streaming down her cheeks.

"Honey-" I say. "Don't Honey me! I don't want to hear it derek! I forgave you the other times.. I get it.. your work is important to you.. but I should be too.. I forgave you the other times but this really hurt me" tears stream down her cheeks. she walks past me, running upstairs. I hear her slam the bedroom door shut.

I sigh, turning around, looking behind me. There's unlit candles and roses on the table. She put in so much effort. I feel so terrible. I walk upstairs. I try to open the door but it's locked.

I hear her soft sobs through the door. "Mer open the door please" I say softly. "Just go away! Go to your office and do some paperwork" she says. "Baby please open the door" I sigh. She doesn't reply.

I grab my keys, unlocking the door. I open it slowly, walking in. "Go away derek!" She's crying, hiding under the covers. I walk over to her. "Baby let me make it up to you please.. I'm so so so sorry" I gently pull the covers down.

"Why don't you care about me anymore?" She sits up. "What? Of course I do.." I say. "Do you? You don't even care about not seeing me on our anniversary" she moves her knees to her chest, wrapping her arms around her thighs.

"I'm sorry I really didn't think you'd be this upset" I whisper. She pushes her face into her legs, curling up.

"I care.. of course I care.. I really wanted to spend the day with you" I say. "But work comes first.. as per usual" she says. "No.. you always always come first.. I just- I wasn't thinking" I sigh.

"I want you to sleep in the guest room tonight" she says. "Honey please" I rub her leg with my hand gently. "No.. I dont want to be with you right now" she says.

"Okay.. but I am really sorry.. I'll make it up to you.. I love you so much baby.. Happy anniversary" I whisper. I kiss her head softly, stand up and grab my pyjamas. I sigh, going into the guestroom. I get changed and get in bed. I eventually fall asleep.

I wake up in the middle of the night as meredith gets in bed, cuddling up next to me. I let out a small breath, pulling her into my arms. "I can't sleep without you.. but I'm still angry" she whispers. "Okay" I whisper, snuggling my face into her hair as she pushes hers into my chest. She quickly falls asleep in my arms.

MEREDITH'S POV:
I wake up in the morning In bed by myself. I groan, pushing my face into my pillow. He has work today so he's probably already left. I get up, go to our room and get ready. I walk downstairs.

I stop as I see derek stood in the kitchen cooking. "You're still here?.. you're late for work" I say. "Took the day off" he says. "You did?" I ask shocked. He never has days off. "I'm making it up to you" he says.

I walk over to him. "You're making pancakes" I say. "With your favourite toppings.. this isn't the apology.. I just wanted to make you breakfast" he says. "okay" I say. He plates up the pancakes, putting the toppings on. I grin, taking the plate.

I feel him looking at me. I look at him. "I didn't mean to hurt you" he says. I sigh. "I know you didn't.. but you did.. I just wanted to spend the day with you.. I even made your favourite" I say. He sighs.

"We were gonna have dinner.. talk.. flirt.. drink.. get drunk.. and make love all night" I say. "Have I told you how sorry I am?" He holds my hand. "I don't want your apologies.. I want you to be there.. and not because you feel bad I'll be sad.. I want you to be there because you want to be with me.. and spend time with me" I say.

"I do want to spend time with you honey.." he steps closer, putting his hands on my waist. I look into his eyes. I think hes genuinely sorry. "You owe me like 20 orgasms" I say. He smiles. "You forgive me?" He asks. "Not until I get them" I grin.

I giggle as he picks me up, putting me on the counter. "I'm eating my pancakes now" I say. "That's okay" he pulls down my pyjama bottoms and panties. I giggle. He picks me up again. I put the plate down. I wrap my legs around him. He walks us to the living room.

I gasp. "I get to sit in your chair?" I grin as he puts me down on it. It's his comfy chair. The only time I'm ever sat on it is when I'm sat on his lap. He chuckles softly, nodding. I pull off my shirt and bra.

He scans my naked body. "See? You could've got this.. all night.. but you ditched me for work" I say. He groans. I grin. He kneels infront of me. He kisses up my thigh.

I bite my lip as he licks up and down my foulds. I lean backwards into the chair, my head falling back as he thrusts his tongue into me.

I let out quiet moans as he instantly starts darting his tongue in and out of me. I close my eyes, spreading my legs further apart, running my fingers through his hair. "Ohhh baby" I moan. My back arches, my head falling back.

He speeds up his movements, grabbing my legs and draping them over his shoulders. "Ohh yesss! I'm cumminngg" I let out loud cries of pleasure, my cum spilling out as I release, trembling above him. He keeps thrusting his tongue in and out of me, making me cum again and again and again..

-------

We get into bed next to eachother. I'm still naked. He's wearing his pyjamas. I haven't had sex with him yet. I still want to punish him but I'm not angry anymore.

My phone rings. I reach over, picking it up. "Hey" I say. "Hey" izzie says. "What's up?" I ask. "Do you and derek wanna come over for lunch next week?" She asks.

"You wanna go over to izzie and Alex's for lunch next week?" I ask him. "Stop it" I giggle, pushing him away as he bites my neck playfully. He nods. "Yeah" I say to izzie.

"I thought you two were fighting?" She asks. "We were" I say. "You forgave him?" She says shocked. "Well I didn't but he went down on me for a really long time so.." I grin. He chuckles against my neck.

"Ugh I wish my alex would miss our anniversary" she says. I giggle. "I'll see you next week" I say. "See you next week" she hangs up.

"I'm still not having sex with you" I look at him. "Okay" he kisses my neck. "You don't care?" I raise my brow. "I know it won't last long" he smirks. I roll my eyes.

"Baby" he says. "Mm?" I say. "You're the best wife in the whole world.. these past five years have been the best of my life.. I love you so much" he says. I look into his eyes. "I love you too" I whisper.

"You want your anniversary present from me?" He asks. "You got me something?" I ask. "Of course.." he says. I smile. He reaches behind him to the bedside table. He grabs something out of the drawer.

He hands me an envelope. I open it. I gasp. "Italy?" I ask, looking at the plane tickets. "Next week" he says. I wrap my arms around his neck, cuddling him. I kiss him deeply. "I'm gonna have sex with you" I smirk, climbing ontop of him. "Yess" he grins. I giggle.

1556 words

@ Ellis_MerDer idea!!!