i don't want to be your friend

Derek and meredith have been best friends since they were younger. Derek's a bit older than meredith. They went to med school together. They even shared an apartment in med school. When they graduated they moved to different apartments. They've been best friends all their lives but recently, after they graduated, derek stopped texting her. He stopped calling her and stopped popping around.

This hurt meredith because she's always had feelings for him but she decided to try to move on.

MEREDITH'S POV:
I'm in my apartment getting ready when cristina walks in. "Hey you ready? You're taking foreverrr!" She walks over to me. "Yeah I'm ready" I chuckle, grabbing my bag and phone. We go. We take a cab to Joe's.

I'm sat at the bar drinking tequila and cristina is dancing with some random guy. I chuckle, taking another shot. "Another please joe" I put the shotglass on the counter. "You're gonna regret it in the morning" he chuckles, pouring the tequila. "I always regret it in the morning" I grin. I take another shot.

I'm very very drunk. I think I've drank just about the entire bar. "Hey is anyone sat here?" A guy says. "Um.. not that I know of" I say. He smiles, sitting next to me. "I'm finn" he says. "Meredith" I say, not looking at him. I signal for Joe to bring me another shot. He pours another. I drink the shot. "Wow" he chuckles.

"Heyyyy" cristina comes up behind me, putting her hands on my shoulders, leaning her face over my shoulder. I chuckle. "I think I'm about to get lucky.. are you gonna be okay if I get out of here?" She smirks. "Yeah" I chuckle. "Byeee" she runs away. I see her go off with some guy.

"We could get out of here too if you like" finn smirks. "I'm drunk.. but I'm not that drunk" I grin. Joe chuckles. "Can you call me a cab?" I slur. "Sure" he picks up the phone. "Actually.. you mind if I use your phone?" I ask. He nods. He passes me the phone. I go to the space just outside the bathrooms for some privacy.

I call derek. "Hi its derek leave a message" I hear. There's a bleep. "Your voicemail.. of course.. I bet you're with a girl.." I chuckle drunkenly "you know what derek.. you're an ass.. you said that we'd still be friends after med school.. I can't believe I actually thought-" tears stream down my cheeks.

"I can't believe I thought you loved me" I lean against the wall, accidentally banging my head. "Ow fuck" I punch the wall "Ow Ow fuck shit" I wince in pain.

I realise I'm still on the phone. "Oh right.. I hate you derek.. I just called to say that.. I- I love.. loved you.. and you hurt me.. don't bother calling back.. not that you were going to anyway.. whatever, bye" I hang up.

I pass Joe his phone back and walk out of the bar, going home in the cab crying. I get in my apartment, slamming the keys on the table. I stumble over to my bed, not bothering to get changed. I lay down and instantly fall asleep.

----------

I wake up in the morning. I groan, instantly getting up and running to the bathroom. I grab my hair in my hand, holding it back as I puke into the toilet.

I sigh, flushing the toilet. I stand up, walking back to the bedroom. I call in sick for work. I don't remember anything from yesterday. I have a bath, get changed into my pyjamas and get into bed.

I turn Netflix on my TV. There's a knock on the door. I groan, getting up. "What?" I open the door. "Such a lovely hello" Derek grins. "Derek?" I say. "Hey" he says. "What are you-" I get cut off by him putting his hands on my waist, kissing me passionately.

I stumble back slightly. He wraps his arms around my waist, my body pressed against him. My entire body melts into his. He pulls away slowly.

"Wh- what was that for?" I stutter. "I'm sorry.. for not calling you.. or texting you.. I didn't mean to hurt you" he says. I gasp. "I left a voicemail" I say. He nods. "I was drunk" I say. "I know" he chuckles.

"Wh- wait you- you.. I mean-" I stutter. "I love you too.. I've been in love with you.. forever" he says. "You have?" I tear up. I don't know if its because of the hangover or because of all the things I'm feeling right now but I get a bit emotional.

"Yes.. I love you.. I'm sorry for not keeping in contact.. I just- I was trying to move on.. get over you.. but it obviously didn't work" he says. I chuckle softly. He smiles.

"I love you" I look into his eyes. He smiles. He kisses me. "You want me to make you a sandwich?" He smiles. "Yes please" I grin. He always used to make me breakfast sandwiches when I was hungover when we used to live together.

"Do you still hate me?" He tucks a piece of my hair behind my ear. "Yes.. you hurt me.. I thought you didn't want to be my friend anymore" I say. "I don't want to be your friend" he says. I look into his eyes, hurt.

"Meredith.. Will you be my girlfriend?" He smiles. I smile brightly. "Yes" I say. He kisses me passionately.

We pull away slowly. I wrap my arms around him. He wraps his arms around me. I push my face into his neck. "I missed you" I mumble into his neck. "I missed you" he says, hugging me tighter. "Don't ever not talk to me again" I say. "I won't" he whispers.

"I'm sorry for drunk dialing you" i grin. He chuckles. I giggle. "I'm glad you did.. are you okay?" He asks. "Huh?" I say. "You banged your head.. then you hit the wall and hurt your hand" he chuckles. I giggle. I look at my hand. "Oh" I say as I see a bruise on my knuckle.

He holds my hand, gently moving it up. He kisses it softly. I smile. I put my hands on his cheeks, kissing him passionately. He pulls away slowly. "You know last night when you were at the bar.. did you-" he says. "A guy did hit on me" I grin teasingly.

"And.." he says. "And I rang you instead.. and shouted at you.. and then went home" I grin. "Good" he says. "What about you? Were you.. with a girl?" I ask. "Yes" he says. My jaw clenches as I feel my jealousy rise. "My sister.. I was helping her study for her sats" he says. "Oh" I breathe.

He grins. "You did that on purpose" I hit him playfully. "I love it when you get jealous" he teases. "I wasn't jealous.. you were jealous" I say. "Mm" he grins. I giggle, kissing him softly. "Make me my sandwich" I hit his arm. "Okay bossy" he grins. He puts his hands on my waist, turning me around. I giggle as he leads me into the kitchen.

I climb onto the counter, watching him as he makes my sandwich. "I miss living with you" I say. "I miss that too" he says. "You moved out" I pout. "We said we would.. when we graduated" he says. "I changed my mind" I say. "Me too" he says. "You know.. we are doing our internships at the same hospital" I say. "What are you saying?" He steps between my legs.

"Will you move back in with me?" I wrap my arms around his neck. "You don't think its.. gonna be complicated.. now we're together?" He asks. "You don't have to if-" I say. "No I want to.. I definitely want to.. do you definitely want to?" He asks.

"I definitely want to.. I loved living with you.. plus I'm so low on rent this month" I raise my brow. He chuckles softly. "Me too" he groans. I giggle. "Yeah.. how did we think we could afford our own apartments?" I say. "I have no idea" he chuckles.

"So you'll move back in?" I smile. "Will you pack my stuff?" He says. I chuckle softly. "Fine" I say. He grins, kissing me softly.

1402 words