🐢137🐢

No one's POV

The caregivers try really hard to keep Yesung's safe and happy. It also means that not many bad news can rupture the bubble around him. However, with the virus still being present after long months full of hope that it will simply vanish, the caregivers need to make a big step - getting the vaccine.

They already got theirs, so only Yesung left. They need to protect him and if the vaccine didn't harm them, then Yesung should be okay too. Heechul isn't very happy with that. Yesung hates hospitals, needles and pain, but he should do this. The smallest thing Heechul can do is to cut Yesung's nails.

Yesung hates getting his nails cut. Whenever his mommy or daddy grabs the small nail scissors and nail file, he cries and screams so he avoided that for quite long time. His long nails aren't bothering him that much. Yeah, he scratched himself a few times, but it is the smaller hell. However, today Heechul has had enough. He grabs nail scissors and goes in the playroom where is his little boy playing. He sits down behind him and stretched his legs so Yesung is sitting right between them.

"What are you doing, kitten?"

Heechul distracts him while grabbing gently, but firmly his left hand. Yesung wants to curl his short fingers, but mommy is faster than that. He opened the little fist and cuts the first nail. Yesung cries and tries to wriggle out, but it is useless. Heechul is steadily progressing while Yesung screams like his fingers are cut off. It is disgusting that his nails got so long and dirty, they can't let him walk around like this. Yesung is a bit exhausted and thirsty by the time Heechul finished his hands. Then he pulls down Yesung's socks and moves to his toes. Yesung is only sobbing now and Siwon appears with a sippy cup with water. Yesung drinks while daddy strokes his hair and when it is done, he goes to wash Yesung's face. They are leaving the house in a moment, so Yesung needs to calm down. They only cut his nails to lessen the number of threats, Onew is going to administer the vaccine and they can't let their baby to hurt their friend. Yesung can't scratch him, Siwon is going to make sure he doesn't kick and a pacifier will make sure Yesung won't bite the poor doctor.

The ride toward the hospital is silent except for Yesung's whimpers. Their kitten is scared and they promised him cuddles and lots of new toys, but Yesung is still on the edge of tears when stepping in the office. Onew smiles at the scared little one and strokes his hair.

"You know uncle Onew. I bet I am your favorite uncle."

Siwon rolls up his sleeve and Yesung turns his head away. He remembers what Ryeowook told him 2 weeks ago - The ring I gave you is full of magic, it will protect you so be brave. Yesung is sure Ryeowook didn't screamed and cried so much (he did, but kept silent about this part of his story) so Yesung pouts and tries to be brave. He only cries out when the needle is stabbed in his arm and Heechul quickly kisses his cheeks and pats his belly. Onew puts a yellow plaster with green crocodile over the small wound. The adults are shocked the little one was so calm during the process and Heechul widely smiles.

"I know one little muffin who deserves a trip to a toy store."

Two hours later they had lunch, visited a toy store and they are on their way back home. Yesung has Disney coloring book and he is really looking forward coloring a picture or two before bedtime. Daddy insists he has to take a nap, but mommy says they will take a nap together. Heechul lies Yesung in the middle of their bed and throws a blanket over them.

"I am really proud to have such smart and brave boy. Daddy cried when he saw that needle, but you didn't."

Yesung smiles and buries his face in the crook of Heechul's neck. He is quite tired, but he won't admit it. However, his eyes are betraying him. His eyelids are too heavy to stay open and keep closing until he closed them for good. Heechul stays with him for a while before getting up and going to clean the house.