🐢143🐢

No one's POV

The caregivers prayed for being spared, they hoped the terrible virus won't get them. However, they weren't lucky. Siwon was the first one who felt sick and woke up with a fever. Then it was fast. Heechul and Yesung become sick the very next day.

Thanks to the vaccine they aren't sick enough to go to a hospital. Heechul is very tired and every joint in his body aches, Siwon has runny nose and fever. The little one also suffers from a high fever and he is whole whiny and cuddly. Leeteuk and other friends are helping them, they can't go inside the house, but Leeteuk leaves meals in boxes in front of the front door and they also leave bags with groceries outside. Taking care of Yesung isn't the easiest thing when they are healthy and now when they are sick it is even worse.

Yesung is in pain and he must show it to his caregivers. Yesung doesn't want to play, his head hurts too much to watch the TV so he hangs on mommy or daddy. His crib was also moved in the main bedroom, Heechul was scared Yesung's condition will suddenly worsen and they wouldn't know their baby needs urgent help.

Right now, Heechul is sitting on their bed and tries to read a book while Yesung is enjoying a nap in his crib. He is slowly sucking on a yellow pacifier with a bee on the mouth shield when he suddenly coughs pretty bad and the pacifier slips out of his mouth. Yesung is asleep, but he pouts his lips and emits soft whines. Heechul reaches his arm - as quickly as his sore joints allow him - and pushes the pacifier back between Yesung's lips. The little one calms down and Heechul silently scrolls through Instagram, too tired to read his book or doing something else.

Siwon is downstairs, he is feeding their pets and also fills the dishwasher. He coughs occasionally and wipes his nose. He is tired, but the piles of dishes start to stink. He also heats up one meal from Leeteuk - he chooses a strong chicken broth - and then goes upstairs. Heechul is quite hungry, he starts devouring the soup in his bowl while Siwon is trying to get Yesung out of his crib. He wakes Yesung up a bit and feeds him a few spoons of the warm broth before Yesung closes his mouth and refuses to eat anymore. Yesung looks terrible. He is pale, only his cheeks are red due to his fever. His hair is greasy because his caregivers are too tired to bath him, they can't even bath themselves. Yesung rests his head on his daddy's shoulder and sighs. Not even his pacifier helps.

Siwon puts him back in the crib and strokes his hair. Yesung is looking at his daddy with sad and tired eyes and Siwon really wants to help him, but how? They can only wait, rest and eat the delicious soups Leeteuk cooks for them.

Evening came, they eat another nutritious soup and go to sleep. Yesung enjoys his footed fleece baby grow with turtle pattern and zipper on the back. The fleece is so warm and soft, he enjoys the feeling on his skin. The little one falls asleep really quickly while the adults struggle with seeking rest. Heechul is almost asleep when Yesung starts to cry.

"Siwon ..."

Heechul blindly smacks the sleeping man next to him.

"Your turn ..."

Yesung's fever probably spikes up and it wakes him up, but Heechul is too tired to force his body to get up. Siwon sighs and slowly gets out of their warm bed.

He stands above the crib and grabs Yesung under armpits.

"Let's soak this again."

He takes the little towel which was soaked in cold water and tied around his forehead. He soaks it in water again and presses the fabric to Yesung's burning forehead. The baby is still whining so Siwon leaves the bedroom to not disturb Heechul. He goes downstairs and opens the fridge. Siwon takes a sip of cold water and offer the bottle to Yesung who moves his head away. Yesung is tired, but his head hurts. And his throat is sore. And he just wants to cry and whine. Daddy bounces him in his arms and walks around the house. He stops in front of the floor-to-ceiling windows in the living room and watches the dark garden.

Heebum is outside. During warmer months their cat can freely leave and come. Right now Heebum is lying on the terrace and probably waits if some prey appears. Yesung points on the cat and Siwon smiles.

"Do you want to go outside?"

Siwon takes a blanket from the couch and wraps it around his chest and Yesung before opening the sliding door. The air outside is still quite cold and there is a slight fog. The cat looks at them and slowly comes to them. Yesung grabs Heebum's tail and strokes the soft fur for a moment before he starts feeling tired. Siwon is gently patting his diapered bum and when he is sure his baby boy is asleep, he goes back in their bedroom. Sleeping Heechul is snoring a bit while lying sprawled on their bed. Siwon carefully places Yesung in the crib and lies down next to his partner.

Siwon watches the black sky outside while thinking about many things. They are lucky no one is seriously ill. They were worried about Yesung because he gets sick easily and he is fragile. He doesn't weight a lot and being sick means rapid weight loss, that could be a problem. Siwon peeks in the crib again to make sure Yesung is alright. For now he is okay, he is asleep and slowly sucks on his pacifier. Siwon gently strokes Heechul's blond hair and smiles. Heechul and Yesung are both so cute when they are asleep.