🐢24🐢

Siwon's POV

Heechul wakes me up in middle of the night with panic written in his face. He helps me to get dressed and explained that Yesung is burning up and we need to go to hospital. I take delirious Yesung from Heechul who packs diaper bag and we go to car. I am trying to speak with Yesung but he seems disoriented and lethargic. I buckled him in his car seat and Heechul is driving. I have no idea that Yesung is ill so badly. I am ill too but i am only coughing and have headache while he seems like he is dying.

We arrived to small local hospital and run inside with Yesung in my arms. Heechul is telling to the nurse what is wrong and he is on edge of crying. The nurse doesn't look concerned and asked us if we measured his temperature, that it won't be serious enough to bother doctor. She is chewing gum and lazily stared at us. I would kick the desk by myself but I am holding Yesung. But Heechul has empty hands. He grabbed stethoscope which is around her neck and drags the nurse closer.

"Go and find the fucking doctor before I destroy this stupid hospital!"

He is like lunatic and the nurse ran away to get the doctor. After while she leads us to doctor office and we sit down. The doctor is going to come soon and we are anxiously waiting. We are looking at Yesung who is terribly pale. His sweaty hair is sticking to his forehead and his eyes are almost closed. I see that his eyes are moving but I am not sure if he registers us.

"It is going to be okay, doctor will help you soon."

Heechul suddenly remembers something and takes pair of socks from the diaper bag. Yesung is dressed only is pyjama shorts and shirt, he is wrapped in the blanket but it isn't enough and i feel how is his little body shivering. Heechul gently takes Yesung's left foot in his hand and put the sock on and then his right foot. Heechul cares his socked feet and the doctor is finally here. He sits down and looks at us shocked.

"You probably don't remember me but you saved my wife. Dog attacked her and badly damaged her face. You were the one who saved her face."

Heechul looked at me and I am trying to remember.

"Anyway come closer with him."

I hurry to him and sit on examine table. I am cradling Yesung and lift his shirt. The doctor takes stethoscope and pressed the metal disc on his chest. Coldness of the metal woke up Yesung who started to cry in distress. Heechul is trying to hush him by stroking his hair but it isn't helping, he is only crying louder and coughs few times.

"I know what is he to you so just soothe him, make him comfortable."

We both look at the doctor and Heechul jumped to the diaper bag and put pacifier between Yesung's lips. He immediately stopped crying and went back into his slumber. The doctor is listening his heart beat and lungs. I finally remember him and his wife. She was really pretty before the dog's attack and I tried extra hard to give her beauty back. Her child were scared of her because of the scars on her face so it is good to hear that i saved her. The doctor looked at us and smiled.

"It isn't pneumonia, this was biggest worry."

He measured Yesung's temperature and frown.

"41°C, he will get IV and shoot of antipyretics. You can leave in two hours maximum."

I nod and released long breath. The doctor wants to stab the IV needle in Yesung vein, but his hands are shaking and he looked at me apologetically.

"Sorry I am overworked. We don't have enough doctors, so I am working for more than 72 hours without proper sleep."

I took the needle from him and stabbed it as gently as I can in my baby's hand. Then I gave him the injection of anti fever medicine and kissed his forehead. The doctor leads us to room where is empty bed and I lay Yesung on the bed. Heechul sat next to him and insisted on cradling Yesung in his arms. I closed the curtains around the bed, so we have privacy.

We are silently sitting and watch how is the liquid from IV bag disappearing in Yesung. After hour he opened his eyes and the doctor came to check him. He should be okay now and we can leave. I pulled out the IV needle and Heechul put plaster with happy frogs over the small wound.

Yesung is still dazed and I wrapped him in blanket. We go back to car and drive back. Heechul carried Yesung in bathroom and washed his face with wet wash cloth. I stand on threshold with bottle full of orange juice and watch them. Heechul is kneeling on tiles with Yesung sitting in his lap. He is holding arm under his back and tilted his head back. Heechul is gently dabbing his sweaty face with wet washcloth and whispers something to him. Yesung is almost sleeping when I take him from Heechul. We sit down on sleeping mats and I want Yesung to drink because he needs it to prevent dehydration. But he is fussy that we are disturbing him, but this is important. I easily put the teat between his lips and soon he drank it all. I changed his diaper and lay him down in crib. We let him sleep and only tuck him under blanket. Then we can sleep too like the good exhausted papa and umma.