008

CARL'S CONFESSION-008

As Matilda walked away the graves after Dale's funeral, a hand wrapped around her bicep, tightly, before pulling her behind a tree.

"What the fuck, Shane? Get off of me." The dark haired girl sneered at her father's best friend.

She tried pulling her arm away from the psychic man who had a deranged look in his eyes. Something about this look scared her.

"It's time to show me a little bit of respect, girl." The deranged man growled, tightening his grip.

"Yeah, no." Tilly scoffed. "Now let me go, you ape."

Suddenly, Shane's eyes darken as he, forcefully, pushed the girl up against a tree. Matilda's eyes widen as her back slammed, hard, into a broken branch stub.

"You better start giving me the respect I deserve after what's outta what happen to ya father." Shane snarled, his grip becoming far to tight for Tilly's liking.

His hands were wrapped so tightly around her arms that he was beginning to leave finger paints on them. Her back was pressed against the tree branch stub so hard that it was digging into it

"Pardon?" The dark haired girl asked, her voice strained slightly. "What's gonna what happen to my dad?"

A cruel smirk spread across the psychic man's face. "You'll found out real soon, but in the mean while how about we start leaning some respect. Understand?"

Staring at the man for a moment, something clinked in her head. Shane was planning on killing her father. It made sense, the deranged man despised her father.

She wasn't stupid.

She knew Shane like the back of her hand. He's been there since she was born. For her, he was easy to read. The man she, once, trusted with her life was suddenly a man who couldn't be anymore. Not after leaving her and Lee behind.

Matilda's and Shane's relationship had started to turn sour way before this shit hole started. It was after ten year old Tilly had found her stepmother and father's best friend 'wrestling' in the bedroom.

She was ten, not stupid.

After that whole shit show happened, their relationship plummeted. The ten year old was so over-protective of her father that she confronted her mother and Shane, shouting at them before kicking the man in the shin for hurting her daddy.

Which lead to the little girl refusing to talk to the man or her mother for weeks until her father questioned her behavior.

In all honesty, Matilda wanted to tell her father about her mother and Shane 'wrestling' in the bedroom, but she couldn't. He was happy with her mother, even if she was a lying cheating shit bag.