122

FACING THE ENEMY-122

Walking a few steps behind her father, Cassidy knew her father was angry, not just from what happened back at the cave but also at her. She followed him—not the best choice of action on her part, but when he saw that she was following him his composure had fallen.

He raised his voice at her; not quite yelling at her, but close to it, expressing that he had told her to stay with the others and that he wasn't thrilled she followed him. As he took his frustration out on his daughter, Cassidy seemed to be calm and understood her dad was upset about what happened.

Especially since he was close with Connie. He cared about her, he really did. And she saw it. Her father cared for the woman like a friend, a family member. And to him, family meant everything.

Her father was blinded by rage and wasn't thinking rationally about what he was about to do, but she wasn't going to stop him. He wants Alpha dead, and in honesty, so did she. She's smart; she understands that Alpha is the enemy and understands the concept of life and death.

It was a sacrifice to live in a world like this. She was born into it, like her little brothers, her friends, and Jude. To survive in a world like this, the concept of life and death is important. Knowing life is as dangerous as death is—if you're speaking about humans and walkers, human life is as dangerous as the creatures that walk among us.

That's what Max taught her, most of things in this world was dangerous. He didn't teach her this to scare her; no, he taught her the concept of life and death because he knew she would ran into a bad person in the future.

Cassie watched as her father shot a Walker in the head with a arrow, dragging it into the middle of the woods between a few trees and slid down a slope into a ditch. She followed him like a shadow, crouching down behind next to him as he raised up a bit to see of over the dirt.

A Whisperer made their rounds, the leafs on the ground crinkled as they walked towards the corpse of the Walker. Daryl's steps were almost nonexistent as he followed the whisperer with his daughter on his heels. Her footsteps were light, barely making any noise, just like he taught her.

As the whisperer pulled out the arrow, her father climbed up the slope of the ditch before stealthily creeping up behind the person. Just then, Daryl spotted another whisperer coming out of a cave entrance causing him to rush down the side of the ditch again, hiding from sight.

Cassie didn't follow him when he climbed up the first time and stayed in the place she was as she watched the two whisperers talk to each other and saw Alpha come out of the cave.

She had her skin mask on, tilted her head—telling her followers to follow her as she lead the horde out of the cave. Cassie dropped down, hiding in casing any walkers saw her and crawled towards her father.