062

FATALLY STRIKES-062

FATALLY STRIKES-062

"What's going on?" Morgan asked, looking around the table. Rick, Lola, Michonne, and Carol sat at the table, wanting to discuss something with him.

"When I was coming back...I tried to cut off the herd with the RV. Lead the walkers away. But five of those people with the Ws in their foreheads, they stopped me. They tried to kill me, shot up the RV. Now, Carol says she saw you. That you wouldn't kill those people."

"Did you let any of them go?" Carol questioned, looking at the dark skinned man.

"Yes, I did. I didn't want to kill five people I didn't have to kill." Morgan argued.

Lola lead forewards, narrowing her eyes. "They burned people alive."

"Yeah," Morgan muttered. He looked at Rick. "Why didn't you kill me, Rick, back in King County? Pulled a knife on you. I stabbed you. So why didn't you kill me? Was it 'cause I saved you after the hospital?"

"Cause I knew who you were," Rick replied.

"Back there I would have killed you as soon as look at you. And I tried. But you, you let me live, and then I was there to help Aaron and Daryl." Morgan said as Lola glanced between her leader and Morgan. "See, if I--if I wasn't there...if they died...maybe those wolves wouldn't have been able to come back here. I don't know what's right anymore. 'Cause I did want to kill those men. I sen what they did, what they would've kept doing. I knew I could end it. But I also know that people can change. 'Cause everyone sitting here has. All life is precious. And that idea--that idea changed me. It brought me back and it keeps me living."

"I just don't think it can be that easy," Lola spoke.

"It's not easy."

"I wasn't saying—"

"I—I know. And I thought about letting that idea go. But I don't want to."

"You may have to. Things aren't as simple as four words. I don't think they never were." Lola said.

Morgan looked at the British woman. "Do you think I don't belong here?"

"Making it now, do you really think you can do that without getting blood on your hands?" Rick says, making Morgan look at him.

"I don't know."

***

"If we can somehow get outside the walls, get back to our cars at the quarry, we could use them to draw them away," Rick said, leaning against the rail. Lola stands next to him as they talked about the plan.