029

STRANGER REMINDS-029             FIVE MONTHS LATER

FIVE MONTHS LATER

The hot sun beat down on Matilda as she walks towards the hog pen with a bucket of hogs food. Its been a couple of months after the Governor's attack, it's been quite.

She liked the quite, birds sing, bees buzzing, but this was too quite. Safety is the priority, it's become relatively safe. People laughing, that's what she hears when she walked back to the prison. Matilda walks up to Carol who was making breakfast.

"Are the pigs okay?" Carol said, handing a plate of food.

Matilda snorted. "Yeah, they're fine, I think. Acting like hogs"

Daryl walked towards the woman, kissing his girlfriend on the cheek as she gave him a plate of food.

"Smells good," Daryl said, reaching for some food. "You know, Rick brought in a lot of them, too,"

"Not recently. Give the stranger sanctuary, keeping people fed, you're gonna have to learn to live with the love," Matilda said, eating the rest of her food.

"Right," Daryl muttered.

"I need you to see something," Carol said. "Patrick, you want to take over?"

"Yes, ma'ma." The teen said eagerly. Carol gave the spatula to Patrick as Daryl and Matilda followed after the older woman.

"Uh, Mr. Dixon, I just wanted to thank you and your wife for bringing that deer back yesterday. It was a real treat, sir. And I'd be honored to shake your hand." Patrick explained, holding out his hand.

Daryl glanced at Carol and his girl before licking his fingers and shaking Patrick's hand. Patrick smiled, before going to the food.

The trio walked towards the main gate as Carol spoke. "About today, I don't know if we're gonna be able to spare a lot of people for the run,"

"That place is good to go. We're gonna move on it." Daryl comments with a mouth full of food.

"Yeah. The thing is we had a pretty big buildup overnight. Dozens more towards tower three. It's getting as bad as last month. They don't spread out anymore." Carol says, looking out to the courtyard.

Over dozens of walkers were clawing their way through the fence.

"With more of us sitting here, we're drawing more of them out. You get enough of those damn fence-clingers, they start to herd up." Daryl said, pointing towards the fence.