128

I SEE FOREVER IN YOUR EYES-128

Emerald green eyes followed her every move, watching her from a far, daring to make eye contact with her. She knew Max was staring at her where she stood with Coco in her arms. He's been since they were reunited at the safe house, and now when they were grouped up in a hospital.

She knew he liked her, and she liked him, but she kind of psyched herself into believing that Max didn't like her and like Violet instead. It was an annoying trait to have. She definitely didn't want to be in a love triangle, those made her want to throw herself into a pit of walkers.

"You know, he's been staring at you for longer than he ever had to any one." Violet spoke, leaning against the doorframe. "I can see why."

Alice smiled as she saw Violet's eyes wondered over her body. "Stop. He's not looking at me like that."

Violet let out a laugh. "It's cute. Denial. But for real, you don't have to worry."

"Worried about what?" She tried to play dumb.

"Don't try and coy with me." The raven haired women scoffed. "You're worried about Max being in love with me. And I can assure you, that he is like my little brother." Alice was like a gaping fish, before she turned her attention onto Coco.  Violet chuckled. "Shoot your shot. I'm serious, Alice. I never seen that boy fall for someone this hard."

"Uh, Thanks, Violet." Alice glanced at her, bashfully. "What about you?"

"What about me?"

She shifted Coco on her hip. "You deserve someone too."

Violet smiled at her sadly. "Probably, but I lost someone I loved years ago and I don't think do that again."

"Lee, was his name?" She asked. "Max's mom's brother?"

The raven haired girl's face filled with pain as she tried to mask it. "Yeah, Samual but we called him Lee."

Alice licked her lips. "If you mind me asking, how did he died?"

Violet winced, but answered. "Negan. He...he had order a gun to Lee's head when we were in a war with the Saviors." Tears welled up in her eyes. "He shot in the head when Negan's man was tackled him Zeke's tiger."

"Vi... I'm sorry."

The older girl shook her head, wiping her eyes. "Nah, it's okay. It happened years ago, I'm not completely over but I'll get there."