054

SUPPLY RUN MISHAP-054

"Glenn, Tara, Noah, and Matilda?" Aiden pointed to each of them. "Nice to meet you. I'm Aiden. You met Nickolas pulling gate duty."

"Hey." Nicholas greeted.

"You're Deanna's son?" Glenn questioned.

Aiden nodded. "That's right. I hear you got experience making supply runs."

"I saw your pantry. You guys seem to do pretty well." Glenn pointed out.

"Yeah, well, I had some training before this. ROTC. I was nearing lieutenant when this shit blew in." Aiden explained, confidently.

"My dad did ROTC," Noah commented.

"He didn't make it?"

Noah swallowed. "Nah."

"I'm sorry," Aiden says. " I'm sorry a lot these days. Come on, I'll show you the ropes." He said, taking off past them.

"We're doing a run today?" Matilda asked, in disbelief.

Aiden stopped and turned around. "Just a dry run. Show you the terrain outside the walls, see how you do. Weigh each other's sack a little, you know?"

"No, I don't, but cool," Tara replied with her crossed over her chest.

"What about weapons?" Tilly asked, standing next to Tara.

"Oh, yeah," Aiden said. "We pulled out some sweet-ass biscuits for today."

He pointed towards Nicholas, who pulled out handguns, and handed each of them one, making them all check it. It was full of ammo. Matilda glanced at her best friend and saw that he didn't look happy.

"Okay, let's go," Aiden ordered. He started walking to the gate with Nicholas following behind. They all looked at each other, before following.

***

Violet quickly walked down the street in frustration. She ran her hand through her now short hair before sighing. Why couldn't she just sucked it up and stayed? Bury her feeling for those damn boys even more than she already has. Violet climbed up the stairs and walked into the tan house.

She saw Carol in the kitchen making dinner, walking over and plopped onto the seat at the island. Violet layed her head on the counter and sighed loudly.