090

CAUTERIZED -090

CAUTERIZED -090

ONE DAY LATER

The people of the Hilltop, Alexandria, and Kingdom were getting ready for when the Saviors arrived at their home. The airhorn signal echoed though the air telling everybody it was time.

"Max, C'here." Matilda motioned her son over towards her, a hand rested on the back of his neck. "I'm going to need you to stay in here with the others."

"No! I want to help. I want to fight." Max shook his head, signing frantically.

The woman knew the boy was more than capable of fighting, but this wasn't his fight to be in. In future fights it will his time but not now.

Matilda shook her head. "This is not your fight. You need to help Henry guard this place, keep Judy safe and the babies. Can you do that?"

The eleven year old looked conflicted, he really wanted to fight but knew how dangerous it will be. Judith, the babies and his people were his top priority and he knew he need to help Henry keep them safe.

Max sighed and nodded his head making his bangs cover his eyes like a curtain. "I can do that. Be careful, mom. If you see dad, tell him be careful."

"I will, Luciole." She kissed his head, ruffled his hair before Max ran off towards Henry.

When night fall around Hilltop, the people of the three communities got into their people. Matilda and Violet was crouching behind one of the cars, near Tara and Rosie as Kelly was with Saddiq on medic duty.

Violet, whom looked way different than Tilly had last her. Her once long raven hair was chopped to the middle of her shoulder-blades, half of it was tied in a bun with a bandana wrapped around her head. The fourteen, almost fifthteen year old looked slightly older than she looked.

Jerry gave the signal that the Saviors were here. They were mostly slowed down by the spike stripes they had set to give Maggie a chance to speak with Negan or whomever was leading the Saviors.

A few minutes passed before gunfire abrupted from outside making the gates to Hilltop open. Her husband rode in on his bike before one of the group members drove the bus, blocking the Saviors.

"Now!" They headed Maggie yell.

Matilda, Violet, Rosie, Tara, and the group started to fire their weapons at the Saviors, which caused them to scatter from cover. Some of them dropped dead on the ground before the top of a covers on their trucks flipped off and a group of bowmans started firing arrows into the sky.