076

FIRE MEETS FATE-076

FIRE MEETS FATE-076

Matilda stood with her father watching with a pit in her stomach as the Saviors collected everything they had bought back from the run. The gun she had was hidden in her waistline covered up by her tank top and flannel.

"Not bad." A man named Gary said as he inspected the supply.

"We had to go out pretty far." Aaron replied as a woman named Laura held up the price of paper.

"What the hell's this?" She asked. "Congrats for winning. But you still lose?"

David grabbed the note from Laura's hand and stepped angrily towards Aaron. "You leave us a little love note?"

"No, I just—I mean—we wouldn't, obviously—" Aaron stuttered as David backed him into the truck.

"Wait. What? Did you just say it's obvious?" David grabbed the man by his shirt and slammed him into the truck.

Matilda had to hold herself back as Aaron glanced at her and her father before speaking. "We didn't do that."

"It's not about the damn note!" David growled.

Rick went to step towards the men when Gary walked into front of him. "Run along to Negan, Rick. You too, Matilda."

The man walked over to Aaron, padded him on the shoulder before sending a punch into his stomach. Matilda grimaced, staring at her friend that collapsed to the ground.

"But your friend here—he's got no place to be." Gary smiled cruelly as he sent a hard kick into Aaron's ribs.

"You—" Rick started but Laura shoved him away.

"Back up!" The woman shouted, pointing her gun at the man.

Matilda's eyes darted between her father and Aaron who were getting beaten by the two men. She wanted to take out of gun before knowing it was a horrible idea she didn't.

After a long beating the two men stopped and backed off, leaving Rick and Matilda to hurry over to Aaron. They help him up, throwing an arm around their shoulders.

"My heart's still beating, right?" Aaron said with a weak smile.

Matilda shook her head as her and her father up the man up and started down the road. As they walked, a loud gun shot echoed through the air causing the father and daughter to move faster.