150

LAMB TO THE SLAUGHTER-150

Alice jolted awake from whatever they had injected her with the night prior, she tell that it was daylight where the light that was seek into the bag that was over her head. She reached up, pulling the bag off as she looked around and saw Ezekiel in the front of the bus and Max in the back.

Her hands checked over her eight month swollen stomach and smiled when she felt her daughter kick her hand. Loud banging on the outside of the bus caused everyone to wake up and take off their bags.

"Is everyone alright?" Ezekiel asked, looking at their people. "Ally, you and BB okay?"

Alice nodded where she was seating next to Kelly. BB is what everyone's been calling the baby since she doesn't have a name yet. "Yeah, we're okay."

"How long have we've been out?" Kelly asked.

"I don't know. My neck's still sore from whatever they injected us with." The King  replied, looking around but the windows were covered with something that you could hardly see out of.

"They're unloading a bunch of stuff off the trucks." Kelly told them.

"Can you see the kids?" Alice asked, leaning a bit towards the window.

The slightly older woman shook her head. "No."

The door suddenly opened and a man stepped on the bus. "Good morning and welcome. Today is the first day of a new beginning. The world works when everyone knows their place. Your place is at the bottom. All the resources that we used to bring me all the world back into the new world and sustain it. It all starts at places like this. You should take comfort and knowing that good people will benefit from your labor here. That is your redemption. That is your salvation. Your children are safe and being tended to. Play by the rules, you will get to see them again. In order to do that, we must work as one here. Nobody has a name because we have no need for them. I'm not gonna tell you mine and you will not address each other by yours. When I point at you, you stand up, exit the rear."

The back door opened as the man walked into the front one. He pointed at people, each other them got up and walked out of the bus, then he pointed at Max, then to Annie. Alice whipped around, looking at her boyfriend and father of their daughter with a panicked expression.

Max gave her a small smile in reassurance before he got off the bus and waited for Annie. As Alice and others got off the bus on the other end, she watched the truck that held Max in, drive away. She and the group was lead to a junkyard looking area, the man from behind started to speak again.