023

THE PREY AND PREDATOR-023

"Whenever Tomas went off, Oscar always stood up for me, you know?" Axel explains as Hershel and Rick walked towards him and Carol. "He was my friend."

"He went out fighting," Rick replied as Kelly walked over with Judith in her arms and Beth following her.

"So what happens now?" She asked, standing next to Hershel. "You think the Governor will retaliate?"

"Yes," Maggie said, standing by her cell.

"Let him try," Glenn said, he was leading against Judith's and Matilda's cell.

"Sounds like he's got a whole town," Carol added, looking between Rick and Glenn. "We're outnumbered and outgunned."

"We could use some reinforcements," Hershel said, looking at Rick.

Rick looked at the ground and then over to Hershel, grabbing his keys out of his pocket and walked over to the cell door. He opened it, causing it to squeak. As the new group of people turned towards the door, before standing up.

The buff dark skinned man, Tyreese put out his hand. "I'm Tyreese."

Rick didn't shack his hand and  glanced behind him at Tyreese's group.

"Sasha, Allen, Ben." Hershel spoke, introducing the others.

"How'd you get in?" Rick asked, looking at Tyreese.

"Fire damage to the administrative part of the prison. Wall's down." Tyreese explained.

"That side's completely overran with walkers. How'd you get this far?" Rick questioned.

"We didn't. Your boys and their friend saved us. We lost our friend Donna." Tyreese said, glancing at Lee, Carl, and Violet.

"They were lost in the gyms," Carl told his father.

Rick whipped around, looking at his sons and the raven haired girl. "You brought them right?"

"We had no choice," Lee said, defending himself, his brother, and their best friend.

Their father turned back to the group. "I'm sorry about your friend. We know what that's like."

"Hershel said you could use some extra hands. We're no stranger to hard work. We'll go out and get our own food. Stay out of your hair." Tyreese explained to Rick. "You got a problem with another group and your daughter is missing, we'll help with that, too. Anything to contribute."