117

A MISSION FOR THREE-117

TWO DAYS LATER

Cassie was holding onto her father as they rode to Hilltop on his bike, it had been two days since the attack on Lydia and she had placed herself in Negan's old cell. Negan had escaped the night after the incident, Brandon, his guard, missing as well.

Once they were at Hilltop, Daryl helped her off the bike as Connie waved at them and the King met up with them and Saddiq. Cassie hugged the king, who returned it as he spoke to her father and Saddiq.

"No sign of Negan?" He asked, shaking hands with the two men.

"Searched all day and night, but no sign of him," Saddiq answered.

"Keep thinkin' about what he took from us, what we didn't take from him." The King said, before coughing a bit.

Cassie tilted her head, looking up at her uncle. "You okay, uncle Ezekiel?"

"Yeah, I'm okay, Cas," The man said, placing a hand on her head and smoothing back some hair. "Alexandria deserved better."

"Hey, you've had your trouble, too." Saddiq shook his head.

"Actually, we could use a hand in the Infirmary. Much of the Kingdom's still in recovery for the tree fall."

Saddiq glanced at Daryl. "We were plannin' on leavin' tomorrow, but, uh, but yeah. Of course. Whatever you need."

"You asked about Carol?" Daryl asked, once Saddiq left.

The King pressed his lips before shaking his head. "Nah."

Cassie watched as her uncle walked away as the gate of Hilltop opened. Connie stepped towards the fighters that came in, holding up her notebook with her sister's name written on it.

"She's not here?" The man asked, confused. Connie shook her head, pointing at the note with urgency. "She was tracking something, said she'd meet us back here. Should've been back by now."

Cassie looked up at her father. "Dad, we gotta help her find Kel,"

***

After searching for a bit, the trio came to a stop. Connie made a frustrated motion and signed. "It's my fault,"

"It's not your fault." Daryl disagreed.

Connie shook her head in frustration. "Yes, It is,"

"We'll find her, Connie," Cassidy reassured her as they started walking again.